Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how can I get my hair to "relax"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shemarie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can I get my hair to "relax"
    Posted: February 18 2000 at 1:34am
please help me I have hair that goes just a little past my shoulders and it's fine whenever I wrap it and wear it down , it will have movement and it looks really nice but if I want to put my hair in a pony tail it will stick straight out backwards it irritates me so bad I don't undertand what I'm doing wrong ? please reply if you have any suggestions or products I should try.
you can e-mail me if youd like at sheenamedwards@chickmail.com

sheena
dawnrsanders View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawnrsanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 8:00pm
If you just want the hair to lay down, try putting the pony tail in at night and pinning it down in the direction you want it to go. In the morning, it should lay like that. Also, you should try a bun with a hairnet on it. It may sound old fashioned, but form the bun, put a very fine, almost invisible net on the hair, then put the non-snag elastic or scrunchy around the bun and net. Tuck in all stray pieces of net around the scrunchie, or take a piece of your own hair and wrap it around the elastic. No one wil be able to see the hair net and the hair will look suave and controlled -- very chic.
Good Luck
Dawn
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 11:08pm
Hi,

Dawn is correct. The hair net thing is very popular with high fashion stylists. Patrick Cameron uses very thin hairnets for a lot of his updos and he even demonstrates how to anchor them to the hair so they are invisible. I had never heard of that before his videos and now I hear about it all the time.

It is a great tip. Thanks for sharing Dawn.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
m.law View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2000 at 12:06pm
How can I get my hair to look full? How can I get my hair to hold cyrls?
dawnrsanders View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawnrsanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 12:17pm
I'm glad you asked this question. Please see the Dawn Sanders article on Hair Volume. There are some tips which I hope will be helpful to you.

Also, holding curls. Your luck will depend a great deal on your climate. Humid climates will flatten even the strongest curls.

A trick --
You may want to try a trick I used when I was in Hong Kong, and the humidity was so high, my skin was always dewy. I roller set the hair using an alcohol free setting lotion or mousse. I kept pin curls in my hair. (The hair looks rolled up, but with no rollers, only invisible bobby pins). This is actually a cute style. When it was time to go somewhere more formal, I took down the pin curls and the hair stayed. Also, I put an almost invisible hair net on over hot curled hair and took it off when I got indoors. That way, the weather, wind, gravity and humididty did not affect my hairstyle.

Also, well trimmed ends hold curls better.

Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic