Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair coloring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vmccullar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmccullar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair coloring
    Posted: April 03 2000 at 2:22pm
I am a dark hispanic. My hair is coarse and heavy. I relax it every 8-10 weeks because it is very thick and becomes unmanageable. I have a lot of gray hair. My beautician says its coming in beautifully - salt and pepper. But now I am ready to do something different. She and I spoke about it, but she's not a colorist and can't advise a good color for me. My hair is very dark brown-I say its black. My skin coloring is chocolate. Do you have any suggestions whether or not to highlight or color? Can you suggest ways to find a good color for my hair? thanks.
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2000 at 7:16pm
hi vmccullar

One suggestion might be to use Redken Shades coloring to covedr your salt. Because you relax your hair you will have to be careful not to overprocess with hair color. By using Shades which is a semi-permanent color you will not do any damage to your hair. If you choose a shade of red it would look as if you had hii-lites done. This could be the first step in starting hair color. If you aren't happy with this then consider going to a permaanent hair color using 20 volume peroxide.

The very worst thing you could do would be to hi-lite with bleach. If might break off your hair because of the relaxer in it.
Good luck in finding a new color.

Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic