Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Copa Hair Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igw View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copa Hair Products
    Posted: May 05 2000 at 12:54pm
Has anyone tried Copa Hair Products? I recently saw an infomercial with Debbie Allen and described this hair relaxer as totally natural, and can be applied over and over until desired curl softening occurs. I wonder if it is the same as RIO (which went bankrupt because people's hair started to fall off).

Thanks
mina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2000 at 10:12am
I've heard a lot of really bad things about Copa. On other sites, most of the people who tried it said that they didn't like it. They said that they didn't get the results that they wanted and that it made their hair really dry. They also said that when they tried to get their money back, the people at customer service were really rude. Try going to www.blackhaircare.com. They have a lot of good info about black hair. Go to the discussion boards. Hope this helps.

Also, go to www.jazma.com. A new product out of Canada sounds like what you're looking for. I had a test done on my hair and it came out really well.
JazzyBroad View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyBroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2000 at 11:13pm
Run very very far away from this product! It's basically the same thing as RIO. I haven't tried it, but I know people who have and they wish they had never even heard of COPA. Run away..Hide..ok, you know what I mean :-)
tonii5 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonii5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2000 at 12:47pm
I think Copa is handling things a lot different than that other company. They not only got someone to endorse their product, but its also been featured in Black Sophisticates Hair magazine. I am really thinking about getting it for myself and my daughter and my husband. Our hair is so dry especially since we live in the desert valley.

Perhaps you should ask your stylists to test it out first just as Debbie Allen did. And when your stylist feels confident about how to apply it and how many applications it will be for you to achieve your desired texture.

I say---go for it!
A. Johnson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2001 at 8:15pm
Reply to message: 15.61.1
I have just finished reading about the company on the Consumer Affairs site and I do not like what I see. It seems that not only does the product not work (which may be debateable because not every product works the same on every person) but what `s more alarming is that the company has been automatically charging customers for monthly refills that either never arrive or have not be authorized by the customer. These charges have caused many customers overdraft fees if they were using cards that directly debited their checking accounts. In addition, those who have returned the product have been given a run around when attempting to get a refund (and all that I`ve read to date are still waiting....and are still being charged). The sheer number of these type of complaints have turned me sour on ordering their product (I also think Debbie Allen should reconsider before endorsing this product again.)

My opinion? Don`t do it...you`ll be sorry if you do.
miki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 9:43am
Reply to message: 15.61.1
quote:

igw originally wrote:
Has anyone tried Copa Hair Products? I recently saw an infomercial with Debbie Allen and described this hair relaxer as totally natural, and can be applied over and over until desired curl softening occurs. I wonder if it is the same as RIO (which went bankrupt because people's hair started to fall off).

Thanks

I have tried the Copa haircare system and it doesn`t work. When mixed, the product has the consistency of corn syrup. It does not relax the curl in your hair (I`ve used it three times and my hair is not very kinky!), it dries out your hair. Do not even try to comb the product through your hair during application because it will come out in clumps! Copa is an awful product and Debbie Allen should be ashamed of endorsing it.
JLA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 1:04pm
I AGREE - COPA DOES NOT WORK - GET THE WORD OUT...

I saw your posting regarding the COPA product... I used it - it dried my hair up terribly after using the product my hair looked like buck wheat... it has taken me almost a year to get any kind of shine back to my hair.... the advertising is false and does not live up to its claim... believe me - you will be sorry if you use it... I AM...

latifahQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latifahQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2001 at 1:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic