Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I AM FED UP WITH MY HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shemarie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I AM FED UP WITH MY HAIR
    Posted: June 01 2000 at 8:30pm
OK I HAVE HAIR THAT GOES A LITTLE PAST MY SHOULDERS IT'S RELAXED BUT I AM FED UP WITH STYLING IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO B/C I USED TO BLOW DRY MY HAIR BUT I NOTICED THAT IT WAS STARTING TO DAMAGE MY HAIR I HAVE TO GET UP REALLY EARLY IN THE MORNING FOR WORK AND I REALLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING ANYTHING WITH IT , CAN ANYONE SHARE THEIR PERSONAL HAR CARE ROUTINE WITH ME AND MAYBE EVEN SOME PRODUCTS THAT YOU WOULD RECCOMEND?

SHEENA
meka1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2000 at 8:51pm
Hi,
I know what you mean! I would like share my hair care routine, I have gotten some good results. My hair is just above my shoulders and I usually wear it wrapped. I visit my stylist every two weeks but I wash my hair on my own once
a week. I don't do alot of blow drying except for the weekly hair washing. I try to keep the heat to a minimum. I have been using some unique products made just for our type hair called Wanakee. I have been getting great results from these products. When used correctly the breakage dissappears. Only one thing, it took time to damage your hair so it is going to take time to restore it to health.
Visit www.wanakee.com for some insight. Good luck!
Cleopatra2003 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cleopatra2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2000 at 1:47pm
Hi I to feel the same way sometimes because it is hard having to wake up extra early to just to do your hair. I suggest that you buy Motions hair spray and use it each morning and for a curly style that lasts a couple of days, just curl your hair the night before and sleep on a satin pillow case or use a satin cap. The satin material will help the style last longer and will help prevent your hair from loosing moistore and will give your hair more flexability when trying to style. For example if you curled your ends with a curling iron on a sunday night monday morning you could part your hair in half and use a hair clip to hold the front half and another day you could just leave your hair down or just tie it all back. Don't use heat every day on your hair because it causes it to become dry and brittle and hair will break more often. When I did this along with regular shampo and conditioning every two weeks my hair is easy to manage. This whole process will cut the time you spend on your hair in the moring in half and you'll still look to.
kandesnb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandesnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2000 at 10:16am
Reply to message: 15.76.1
I understand you completely. I am in college so I am always working around odd hours whether it be classes or study groups. Also, I attend school in Alabama where it is always humid. My hair is about 3-4 inches past my shoulders. I like to wear my hair down erveryday and for it to have nice clean body and bounce, so I find it very important that I wash and condition it every week. Instead of blow drying it and then curling it with a curling iron or the ever-so-popular flattening iron, I set my hair on large round rollers and sit under the hair dryer. Once it is dry I take the rollers out, wrap it, and sit under for another 15 minutes or just tie it up until I`m ready to go somewhere. Keeping the heating products off of your hair until your next shampoo works wonders. You`ll notice your hair to be bouncier and stay cleaner. I wrap it every night. And because I set it on rollers right after washing, the curls stay in after you wrap it (giving you a salon-looking wrap).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic