Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Platium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RaeLB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaeLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Platium
    Posted: June 06 2000 at 11:47pm
I have resently gone very short with my hair. I no longer have a perm. I have been having it lightened by a professional stylist. She does a great job, I just want to save some money and start doing it myself. I'd also like to go lighter, maybe even to a platium. I wanted to know if anybody has colored on their own and what preceedure has been successful? I know with bleaching you can and mostly likely will have damage. I figure since I no longer am perming that the damnage won't be as bad. My stylist says she uses Clairol lightest blonde but I am wanting to do it myself. Anybody got any ideas? I would appreciate any information.
vonvonnie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonvonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2000 at 5:16pm
well, i have had short hair all through college, and let me tell you, i too got the urge to play with color. i ahev tried many many brands. stay away from any of the caucasian colorings...except feria. the colors on the box are harder to duplicate. you will find with short hair that ANY thing you color your hair with is gonna be semi permanate. (i spelled that wrong...) being as you wash short hair so often, it washes out, and fades to black, the roots start showing in like a week, so dont be afraid to experiment in colors. but i can tell you from being a natural BLACK hair person, even those colors that are sheer platinum on the box come out red on me. i have had everything BUT blonde...also, dont leave these things on your hair trying to get a lighter shade, it is really damaging. Try using the haircolor, then sitting under a hairdryer. Dark and lovely colors hold the least amount of time, try the cream of nature colors....the color with the girl on the front that is blonde...she looks kinda like an elf.. you'll know her when ya see her... also, the Tones from clairol i think, i am not sure of the brand, but it is a black lady with some honey blonde dreads... it is a brown box...those are good haircolors too. hope i helped!
RaeLB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaeLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2000 at 11:36pm
hey there...Thanks for the info.

I have used Dark and Lovely and I didn't care for it too much. The first day it looked nice and it would fade, just like you said. I used to use some of those colors for white hair. I got good shades but never light enough to me.
I went ahead and did the bleach. I don't have a perm so I went ahead and took the dive into the bleaching bowl. I got a nice color I would like to go even lighter. That color shampoo by Artec is only found in salons, and around here I haven't found anybody that uses it in the salons. I am thinking about ordering it from the site. I wonder do they have a product for the general public and then a product for stylist? I am using Shimmer lights by Clairol. It seems to have lifted the color some but I still like to try the ARtec. What I used to bleach my hair was 7stage developer powder and 7stage creme lighten. I got the Clairol platinum. All of this was mixed with a 30 developer. After I did this step I sat under my dryer for about 15 mins. I then mix a toner called White Minx with a 20 developer and left that on for about 20 mins. My ends did appear slightly yellowish. I didn't have any red or orangy tones..thank God! What is really stumping me is that my stylist used (so she says) a regular hair color by Clairol to lighten my hair, no bleaching on her part. I have been told I have medium to light brown hair. The ladies in Beautyco said I had dark brown hair, level 2. I wash and condition my hair ever 3 days. It feels good. I like the results, but as short as it is I got dark spots peeking through as I type this. Thanks for the info and please holler at me if you run across anything else. Oh and I have oodles of black hair magazines. I am always in the book area checking for them. I did run across a web site that has some good stuff Hairweb.com. Check them out when you get a chance. TAlk to you later. Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic