Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cornrows & Straw Curls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curlz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cornrows & Straw Curls
    Posted: July 09 2000 at 1:08pm

Can anyone give me step by step directions on how to do cornrows? How long does the hair have to be? Also, what are straw curls? How do I do them? Thanks
LadyFubu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFubu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2000 at 10:43am
Curlz,
To do straw curls you part a one inch section of your hair and spiral it around a drinking straw ( a clean one of course. ha/ha) Anyways, after that you pace a bobby pin on the straw to hold it. Then simply sit under a dryer till dry.
For tips on how to do cornrows, go to Http://www.blackhaircare.com . Once you get there go to discussion groups. Under that thread, there is a thread called natural haircare. There will be a thread under there called Cornrows. Go to it, it will help. Just remember, if you want small cornrows you have to part them that way. Good luck and Practice makes perfect.
skittel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skittel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2000 at 10:51pm
It's best that you watch someone do it slowly to learn but I'll explain it as well as I can.
1.Part the hair on both sides as far back as you want the braid to go creating a row of hair. You should practice using a section of hair that's neither too big nor to small.
2. Section a small part of hair at the hairline into three pieces.
3. Using either the left or right hand- whichever is more comfortable for you- place the first piece under your pointer finger and hold it there with your thumb. Place the middle piece on top leaving it free to work with and hold the last piece with between the thumb and the pointer next the first piece.
4. Take the free piece on top and hold it between the thumb and pointer of the other hand.
5.Push your pointer under the first of the two other pieces of hair while picking up a little piece of hair from the scalp at the same time and hold the last piece between your thumb and pointer.
Reapeat steps until you reach the end.
Your hair only has to be long enough so that you can hold it between your fingers comfortably.
It's kind of hard to braid your own hair at first so I recommend practicing on a doll or a friend.
nay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2000 at 7:29am
I LOVE TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR BRAID PROBLEM FIRST A CONROW IS A FLAT BRAID TO YOUR HEAD AAS A FRENCH BRAID BUT IN TINY BRAIDS THE WAY TO DO THEM IS THE SAME BNUT DEPENDS ON YOUR STYLE .STRAW CURLS ARE STRINGY CURLS MADE AFTER YOUVE WASHED AND CONDITIONED AND THE SMALLEST SECTIONS CURLED OR WRAPPED WITH A STRAW AND SET WITH A WRAP LOTION AND COVEREDAND SET UNDER A DRYER FOR 1-2 HRS AGAIN THE STYLE IS YORS ANY HELP PLEASE EMAIL EVETT@WRITEME.COM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic