Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Protein treatments, Hair masks, and Ex. Conditioners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Protein treatments, Hair masks, and Ex. Conditioners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DiAvanza View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiAvanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protein treatments, Hair masks, and Ex. Conditioners
    Posted: October 17 2000 at 12:36am
Hi,
What are protein treatments? As I have read some of the styling books, I have heard of protein treatments, hair masks, and good extensive hair conditioner which is left on for about as long as an hour while sitting under the dryer.

I'm really interested in any information that anyone has on these three items that I have just mentioned up above. Particularly about the one hour leave in extensive hair conditioners and the protein pack. My hair isn't damaged, but I would like to condition it really good, so that it stays that way.
MK02A76 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MK02A76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2000 at 12:21pm
Hi,
Protein treatments are designed to help build up, repair, and overall make your hair stronger. No protein treatment needs to be left on for an hour - that would be total overkill. 20 Minutes is enough. If your hair is healthy - its not necessary to do it more than 2x a month. Most important is to follow up with a moisturizing treatment after. Protein treatments make your hair hard - and on black textured hair - that will cause it to break off - and fast! So use a good moisturizing conditiner- rinse - leave in or whatever after. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic