Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

--=[ cut off permed hair? ]=--

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
--::| NaYa |::-- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --::| NaYa |::-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: --=[ cut off permed hair? ]=--
    Posted: December 03 2000 at 7:53pm
After reading articles about perms and relaxers, i now know that they do more harm than good for hair...
i`m african american (so i have dry hair)
and i have been getting relaxers forever.
i`m 16, and my hair is long -
if i wanted to stop getting relaxers and straighten my hair another way,
would i absolutely Have to cut off all the permed, damaged hair, and start growing my hair all over again?

Or is there a way to Repair the damage done to my hair without cutting off the chemically straightened hair?

(i trim split ends and use safflower oil regularly - and it has helped my hair a lot!)

please respond with a detailed answer :-)

@-->-----
--::| krì§tLê |::--
Dara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2001 at 11:22pm
Reply to message: 15.209.1
You have no chouce...once you relax the damage is done. You either have to keep relaxing it...or find a way to grow out your hair. If you stop relaxing your hair will only get worse....the weight from the new growth will weigh down the relaxed hair and it will eventually fall out. Either condition it once a week,,,and cut down on heating product...keep the ends trimmed...but keep relaxing it...or groe out the relaxer. Braids are REAL good for this. I grew out a curly perm with hair extensions this way. It was past my shoulder in 2 year (I cut of the permed parts after 6 months).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic