Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want long hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nata View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want long hair
    Posted: January 13 2001 at 4:29pm
Do you guys know how i can get long hair, whether by taking a pill or something. Please i need help, my friends keep on mocking me about my short hair. HELP!!!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2001 at 12:27am
Reply to message: 15.245.1
I want you to have long hair. Long hair on African American women is glorious.
vivica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 9:37pm
Reply to message: 15.248.1
quote:

Gord originally wrote:

you should try to do the least to your hair as possible. Many african americans over process their hair by using straighteners very often for the straightest look at all times, but that is not necessary. My hair is to where I fasten my bra in the back, and I straighten my hair about every two months. Plus, I get my hair trimmed. I wash it every other day and curl it that day, along with adding some oil or moisturizer and then try to leave it alone. I hope this helps you.
Niecee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2001 at 8:29am
quote:
Nata originally wrote: Do you guys know how i can get long hair, whether by taking a pill or something. Please i need help, my friends keep on mocking me about my short hair. HELP!!!
Try browsing www.wanakee.com. She has excellent tips on growing long hair in a practical way. She clears up mis-understandings we have about Black hair and is very encouraging. The key is to keep your hair moist, clip your ends 1/4 of an inch every 8 weeks, and keep your ends tucked under (unexposed to the air). She offers very effective moisturing, light products also. I hope this helps.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 9:24am
Reply to message: 15.263.1
Good luck. Longer the better.
Destiny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2001 at 2:44pm
Reply to message: 15.262.1
quote:

vivica originally wrote:
quote:

Gord originally wrote:

you should try to do the least to your hair as possible. Many african americans over process their hair by using straighteners very often for the straightest look at all times, but that is not necessary. My hair is to where I fasten my bra in the back, and I straighten my hair about every two months. Plus, I get my hair trimmed. I wash it every other day and curl it that day, along with adding some oil or moisturizer and then try to leave it alone. I hope this helps you.

Hi, I am trying to grow my hair. Do your hair tend to dry our more by washing it ever other day? Do you take any supplements? Thank you!
Shay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2001 at 4:30pm
thats why I wanted extensions instead od dying my hair, because one time I dyed my hair this ugly gold/red color, and it camed out horrible! It changed the texture of my hair completely, I will always regret doing that! To grow your hair you should:

be healthy
don`t use a lot of heat
get your hair trimmed when needed

P.S will someone please answer my post or e-mail me at cleop253@netscape.net?
Blonde rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLACK FOX View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLACK FOX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 10:54pm
My advice to you would be to give your hair a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week, and you should moisturise your hair daily as well to help prevent split ends.
Regular trimming also helps to promote healthier and longer hair.
Try not to wear your hair out too often, instead place it in a bun, to help prevent it from the harsh effects that the weather can bring to your hair, and to prevent your hair from drying out.

Don`t use hair ties that can cause breakage along your hair shaft ( like elastic bands).
You should also give your hair a break from processing and heat appliances. Wear your hair in braids for at least 1 - 2 months, but use larger braiding styles as finer braiding will cause serious damage to your hair. But when you remove your braids, not only should you put a conditioning treatment in it at least twice a week and trim it to keep it healthy, you should wait at least 3-4 weeks before you consider relaxing your new growth.

Stress and poor dieting can also have an effect on the condition of your hair.
Exercise and eat healthy. Hair is made of protein, so include a lot of this in your diet. If you do not include a lot of protien in your diet, then take protein supplements, which can help to boost hair growth.

Hope this helps.
HEAVENLIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HEAVENLIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2001 at 3:47pm
Reply to message: 15.301.1
HEALTHY STRONG AND LONG HAIR REQUIRES PROPER CARE:
NO HOME PERMS
HAVE ENDS CLIPS
NO DYES

ALSO HEALTHY HAIR COMES FROM WITHIN , TRY TAKING HAIR VITAMINS
TANYA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANYA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2001 at 2:36pm
quote:

Gord originally wrote:

HAVE YOU TRIED VIVISCAL VITAMINS....THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO MAKE YOUR HAIR GROW 1 `1/2 EACH MONTH AFTER TAKING THEM FOR A WHILE...WHICH YOU CAN PURCHASE AT WWW.IHERB.COM FOR $48.00. THEY ARE USUALLY 78.00 BUT THIS IS A GREAT DISCOUNT. ALSO VISIT WWW.LONGHAIRLOVERS.COM FOR OTHER SUGGESTIONS AS WELL.
TANYA H.
Naarah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2001 at 2:51pm
Robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 11:03am
Yes, I had the same problem now my hair is near my waist in 2 /1/2 years no kinding.

I had it braided, then I took special care of it when taken down, comb it a certain way and ate certain foods. It is thick and long and I have shown other African Americans how to do the same. I am currently posting this info on the web for free, but Iit will be posted in June 2002

Visit Newhair50.com or E-mail me so that I can inform you or any one of how I did this, I have photos of before and after
sivyann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sivyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2002 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Robin Robin wrote:

Yes, I had the same problem now my hair is near my waist in 2 /1/2 years no kinding.

I had it braided, then I took special care of it when taken down, comb it a certain way and ate certain foods. It is thick and long and I have shown other African Americans how to do the same. I am currently posting this info on the web for free, but Iit will be posted in June 2002

Visit Newhair50.com or E-mail me so that I can inform you or any one of how I did this, I have photos of before and after

Hi, I have Hairtopia for hair growth.
I want to know, Is it step frist take 2 capuble, outof pills then next step 2 mineral and acid 6 to 8 capble or all tegother take . but it`s too much. I don`t understand a direction.
email me at sivyann@aol.com
Thank
cassandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2002 at 4:03pm

Robin:

I would like more information. What is your email address?
zandria britt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zandria britt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2002 at 2:21pm

hi, i would be interested in learning how you achieved hair growth for my daughters and myself, please e-mail me. thank-you
zandria britt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zandria britt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2002 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by zandria britt zandria britt wrote:

hi, i would be interested in learning how you achieved hair growth for my daughters and myself, please e-mail me. thank-you

hi, could you please e-mail me at zandriabrt@aol.com. I am very interested on how you achieved your hair length. Please respond. Thank-you
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2002 at 7:51pm
Me too, Nata!!! I`m currently growing my hair out too, I read thru the other posts, and let me give you some advice that has not been mentioned yet. Scalp massages are good for your hair, they bring nutrient rich blood to the scalp which promotes hair growth, ( kinda like they say tapping your finger tips promotes long nails??). I oil my scalp (every 2 -3 days) with a natural oil (not mineral oil b/c it doesn`t soak into the hair) like olive oil, or an essential oil, like rosemary and massage that in. I pay special attention to the ends and oil them daily. I wrap my hair at night and cover with a silk scarf. And also watch the amount of heat you place on your hair. I only do one heated styling a week, and that`s just to sit under the dryer and set my hair. Hmmm.... and then there are my supplements, I take alot of them now... the most important are Ultranourishair (gnc) & a multivitamin. I also take silica, biotin, calcium, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil and msm. I`m on a mission!! My hair is currently 3 inches away from where you snap your bra in the back, I hope to be to brastrap length by 8/2002. I hope this info helps, if you have any other questions, email me at caramela79@msn.com
yourphithair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yourphithair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2002 at 11:34am
I hope this can be of help. This is a lucky time for you because you can definately grow your hair past your shoulders with the products that they have available now.

I`m going to give you the advise that I used and that my clients used. After using this system for about 5 years my clients have hair to the middle of their backs and they have relaxed African American hair.

1. Shampoo your hair at least once a week, but perferrably 3 times a week. Believe it or not every day is best.

2. Use a botanically based shampoo, conditioner, and cuticle sealer every time you shampoo and condition your hair. I recommend Biosynthesis system. Biosynthesis.com I`ve seen it work. It is great because it has amino acids, proteins, and moisturizers. If not Biosynthesis, use a botanical producut because they grow your hair faster.

3. DON`T SLEEP ON COTTON SHEETS! This is most important. Cotton sheets are like velcro to your hair. Make sure your hair is touching satin and silk!

4. Take a hair vitamin supplement. It`s best if you take one that has a good amount of Biotin in it.

5. Have your ends trimmed every other relaxer touch up with SHARP JAPANESE SHEARS. You want it every other because it will accumlate length faster. You want Japenese shears because you trims will last longer.

6. Have a positive attitude and relax. Stress can create a chemical in your body that is very damaging to your hair

7. No permenent color and relaxer.

There may be a few more things but those are the most important things. Your hair is growing right now. Once you arrest breakage you will see your length accumulating.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic