Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How important is hair grease?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
C Johnson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How important is hair grease?
    Posted: July 17 2001 at 5:42pm
I haven`t oiled my scalp since beauty school 20 years ago. Hair grease is horrorble for our hair. Petrolelum based and mineral based products are a by product of crude oil, so is gasoline!!! You wouldn`t put gasoline in your hair would you? We need natural oils on our hair, I find olive oil to be the best. Try it and see, you`ll like it.
Kai View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2001 at 10:29am
Ewww, Grease, Yuck!!!

I haven`t greased my scalp in years, and belive me, I`ve notice the differance. Styling is 100% times better. Your hair is not weighted down and has movement and feels so much cleaner. Instead, I use natural oils in my hair. Just a touch to keep it moisturized and protected.

Naarah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 9:56am
I understand your point too Demi, there are many sisters with back length and waist length hair because they do not oil their scalp, they only oil/moisturize their hair. I have heard that from quite a few long haired sisters.
Shevette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shevette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2001 at 5:31pm
Reply to message: 15.381.1
quote:

Demi originally wrote:
A friend of mine has long, thick, bouncy hair. I asked her how she achieved this look and she told me that she never greases her scalp. So this got me to thinking, how important is hair grease? What will happen if we don't put grease in our hair? Besides not being as shiny couldn't we just substitute that with oils?

I stopped putting stuff in my hair when I was in high school b/c I didn`t want to weigh it down or have a greasy look. The result was very dry and damaged hair that sure looked good b/c of hair appointments, haircuts/trims, and sheen spray. Later I, too, found that it was the petroleum based products that coat the hair and weigh it down. The last decent product I tried was B&B Castor Oil. There may be better products on the market, but you want lighter oils to keep your hair healthy. Read the labels!
energy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 3:08pm
Reply to message: 15.381.1
quote:

Demi originally wrote:
A friend of mine has long, thick, bouncy hair. I asked her how she achieved this look and she told me that she never greases her scalp. So this got me to thinking, how important is hair grease? What will happen if we don't put grease in our hair? Besides not being as shiny couldn't we just substitute that with oils?

It all depends on your hair texture, some people like grease because it gives a nice shine and maintains frizz etc. I used all types of grease on my hair for the longest time and it can give your hair a "healthy" look. But just recently I learned that too much grease can clog follicles and keep my hair from growing. I have found now with my natural hair an oil is best. Stay away from oils and grease with petroluem ormineral oil base. Good luck!
Demi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2001 at 11:43pm
A friend of mine has long, thick, bouncy hair. I asked her how she achieved this look and she told me that she never greases her scalp. So this got me to thinking, how important is hair grease? What will happen if we don`t put grease in our hair? Besides not being as shiny couldn`t we just substitute that with oils?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic