Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aveda Pure-Fume Brillance Anti-Humectant Pomade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aveda Pure-Fume Brillance Anti-Humectant Pomade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarmenJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarmenJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aveda Pure-Fume Brillance Anti-Humectant Pomade
    Posted: July 12 2001 at 1:46am
Hello, I was thinking about trying this product. It claims to repel moisture and keep humidity out of the hair. I really need a product like this because I live in the south and I`m always in the sun. The heat and humidity from the sun tends to make my hair limp, frizzy, and damaged. Before I spend my money on this product, I want to know if it really lives up to its claims. Has anyone tried this product? What were the results and was it worth the price?
Be a star!
kataklsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kataklsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2001 at 10:03am
Reply to message: 15.445.1
I tried it and had relatively no luck with this product. It smells wonderful; but with my stubborn hair, frizz reduction was mild to non-existent. I live in the south as well and the humidity turns me into a fuzzball...the only product(s) that have worked somewhat decently for summertime heat / humidity, (for me anyway, YMMV) are:

Artec Smoothing lotion

Nexxus Humectress as a leave in / styler (I sometimes mix this with Nexxus Botonoil, or Jojoba oil)
kamille20 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamille20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 10:51am
I had no luck with this product either. My hair texture is 3C and i live in a humid area, so i need major frizz control. After washing and conditioning, I put a combination of infusium leave-in conditioner, wonder gro`s shea butter, and suave professionals humectress on. This leaves my hair with like 80% less frizz.
deenie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2003 at 12:01am
I LOVE AVEDA Pure-Fume Brilliance line! Get the shampoo and conditioner too. My husband has thick coarse hair and LOVES it. I wash my daughter's hair with it, no tangles, no fuss. It is the best!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic