Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yep i have locs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cindy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yep i have locs
    Posted: December 04 2001 at 8:03pm
Yep i have locs and i want to wear them in a different style. Currently, i just wash and wear, they are about 2 1/2 inches long. Please give me some new hair styles to try. My boyfriend thinks this style is unattractive because i can only wear it one way. Help, make his belief false.l
African Lady View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote African Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2001 at 12:00pm
Hi Cindy,
You can do just about anything with locks - other than comb them, but you have to be patient about the length. As your hair grows you`ll have more styling options. Its not advisable to over manipulate locks while they`re growing out coz this can lead to breakage. Here are some suggestions for styles that you can do now.

- After you wash and condition your hair (or just wet it). Finger comb your hair into a style, e.g., you can make a part then comb some of your locks to one side. Then tie it down with a scarf overnight. In the a.m. fluff out your locs. (This is a safe styling option, you can do it whenever you like).

- Set wet locks on small perm rods. I don`t remember which ones are the smallest but I think you have enough hair for the yellow ones. Style as desired. A lot of people look nice if they pull their curls back with a scarf. (This is the manipulation I referred to above. If I was you I would limit use of the rollers for special occassions).
G View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 8:03am
With the length of your locs there isn`t much you can do until they are longer. What`s wrong with the style if your bf doesn`t like it tell him to jump.
If you had an afro that length you wouldn`t be able to do much with it either, stop fretting it will grow. I have natural hair which I twist and it has taken 4 and a half years just to grow to 5 inches. I am going to loc it now, what method did you use?
If you want to do something to your hair all I can suggest are head wraps, at least locs grow faster than natural hair, good lcuk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic