Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long is everyone trying to grow there hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long is everyone trying to grow there hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MissBeverly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissBeverly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 11:34pm
I just want to introduce my hair to my shoulder blades. I cut off all my
relaxed hair in Nov 04. So, I'm totally natural with like
5 inches hair. I'll get there soon enough then i'll have a new goal.

Edited by MissBeverly
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 3:21pm
I read something interesting.

"I know of just three places in the world where women grow more than half-an-inch per month: Tehuantepec, Mexico; the Piedmont Province of northern Italy, and in parts of Minnesota. Those areas lack iodine in the water, which causes severe thyroid dysfunctions including bulging eyes and horrible weight gain. But, their hair is known to grow up to 6 inches per month."

http://www.longhairlovers.com/gm_interview.html

I wonder if you have too much iodine in your water would it cause slow growth.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
BRI_BETHEA View Drop Down
bnd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRI_BETHEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 9:41pm

Originally posted by karonica karonica wrote:

Shooooo. Goodness knows that I hate getting trims. My hairdresser cuts at least an inch per trim it seems like it. And I was getting them like every two months. It`s just not fair. I know that you need trims to keep your hair healthy and growing, but I think that I may slack down on them, because she is the only hairdresser that I`ve had who cuts so much for a simple trim. After she trims my whole head once, she goes back and does it again from different angles. That`s what makes me so mad.

Anyways, I want hair to the middle of my back. Right now, it`s chin length in the front and about an inch or two past my shoulders in the back. Once it gets longer, I`ll add some layers. But I am trying to avoid those scissors!

Just ask her to dust you ends and cut as little as possible if she continues to cut alot ask a friend w/ great hair to recomend a stylist or learn to trim your own. I was lucky my Grandmother and Uncle are both Beauticians  (did I spell that right?). Anyway I'm sure you know someone who has a great stylist.

P.S. You said she cut you hair at angles maybe she is trying to layer your hair or maybe even it out some ppls hair tends to grow longer on certain sides I know mine does. Good Luck.

Edited by BRI_BETHEA
3C/4A Realaxed
Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 12:09am
My goal is BSL for now, ultimate goal is Waist Length.
*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
KBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:09am
My goal is about 2 inches past bra strap length (I'm about 4 inches away from BSL now).  I am currently getting trims everytime I relax (about every 6 weeks), but I don't plan to relax again, at least not for a long time.  I will still get a trim every 4-6 weeks - my husband does it for me 'cause I don't have the patience to sit in a salon!  I will go to a pro when I'm ready get really good layers.
HHC began 08/05, BC 11/05. Healthy & nearly BSL 02/07!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:15pm
OK I wanted the fro that Angela Davis had....I believe my fro is just as  big, if not bigger than that. Now I want my hair to be midback length when stretched. When stretched the very back is at my armpit the middle of my head is shoulder length.   I have so much hair...I don't know what I would do if it reached waiste length.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 11:54am

Thanks Bri for the advice.  I don't even remember when I typed that. LOL!  Oh, 2002, no wonder!  

I ended up dropping that stylist a few months later - she got to money hungry and my hair was getting shorter and shorter...matter of fact, I've stopped going to the salons altogether since going natural - except once - and I do my own trims. 

Natural since Nov 6, 2004
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic