Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About the vitamins....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luvlee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About the vitamins....
    Posted: September 22 2002 at 11:43am
I was wondering about a vitamin regime that i saw posted on july 30 or 31. It gave a list of vitamins that promote hair growith, but my question is does that work for folks who just want longer hair or will it also be effective for those with initial hair problems such as breakage or shedding? I am very interested in trying it but I am so leery of taking vitamins for hair....for no particular reason i guess; just a lack of information, maybe.
Carrot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2002 at 11:55pm
Hair vitamins won`t do anything for hair that is already damaged, but they will make your new growth stronger and better able to withstand perming, blow drying, hot curling, etc. If you are leery of hair vitamins in particular, try adding a good multivitamin to your diet.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 11:27pm
Many proteins and vitamins in hair products can't make your grow longer because these can't be absorbed by the hair shaft because the protein molecules and the vitamin molecules are too big to absorbed by the hair shaft.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 8:20am
Jean, hair vitamins are vitamin pills you take, not a product applied to the scalp and hair.

Unless you currently have a deficiency serious enough to cause hair loss and weakened hair, it's unlikely that hair vitamins will make a difference in your hair's growth. If you take them and watch for several months, you will notice your hair start to shed less. This is a normal part of the hair growth cycle, and not an effect of hair vitamins.

Eat a balanced diet, including vegetables, fruit, and plenty of protein.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic