Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bad texturizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TONYA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONYA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad texturizer
    Posted: September 04 2003 at 11:46pm
I stopped relaxing my hair about a year ago. My hairdresser cut all of my relaxed hair off and texturized my new growth. Since cutting my hair, I have texturized my hair three times, but I am very dissatisfied with the outcome. When I leave the salon it looks great. It has a curly/kinky look that I really like.

After a few weeks, some parts of the hair maintain the curl, but others look as though it was never texturized. My hair is also extremely dry and unbearable. While, I'm happy that I freed myself of the relaxer and not pleased with my new look. I am beginning to feel the same stress that I felt when I relaxed my hair. The bottomline is that I don't think my hair looks right. I think it looks like either a bad Jheri Curl or a bad relaxer sitting on top of an afro.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really hate to have to cut it all off again (because being next to bald was devastating), but I'm beginning to come to grips with the fact that texturizers aren't for everybody and maybe I should REALLY go natural. May I say again, that I don't know if I can handle having someone shave my head again. Additionally, I don't like wearing braids. Please help because I am very confused.
MermaidE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MermaidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 11:08pm
I feel the same way you do. I left a salon today IN TEARS because my hair look like beautiful curls sitting atop an afro. I didn't even get a trim and it cost me $85.

The whole time I was fighting the urge to relax my hair again...but I'd rather not look half made up.
Darcey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:03pm
Do it yourself. It is alot cheaper and it's easier than u think. S-Curl is the texturizer I use. It's very easy to follow directions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic