Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bald spot from weave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happytobenappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytobenappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bald spot from weave
    Posted: October 17 2003 at 5:37am
my hair was weaved too tight. when i took it out, lo and behold, a big ole bald spot, the size of a quarter in the crown area. is there any hope? if so, please advise the best way to grow my hair back. I'm currently sporting a 2in natural after a disastrous experience with Dudley relaxer. I belive my hair was overprocessed. I was natural prior to the relaxer horror, so it's no problem for me now.
happytobenappy
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 6:37pm
I'm sorry to hear about your bald area of your head. I don't really know what to tell you to do about that.
Baldness doesn't have to be a negative thing however. On the contrary, a bald head can be beautiful on a woman.
Have you considered shaving your head and wearing the so-called "bald look".
I have seen some very attractive women, especially African-American women, who wear the bald look. They often wear big hoop earrings or other noticeable earrings to go along with the look.

There is a black woman who writes here on Hair Talk Forum named Bald Jasmine who says she now wears a close cut short afro but who got her nickname Bald Jasmine because she shaved her head bald when she was a little younger.
She's married and has kids so her bald head apparently didn't stop her from attracting men.

I know in my case a bald woman can be quite allurring! My wife has shaved her head and has worn the look before, and she looked great. A very sexy look on her. She still wears her hair quite short.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2003 at 8:19pm
I'd see a doctor, a skin doctor or whatever if your hair isn't growing back.

If you feel you have the look for it you could try shaving your head bald as I've done in the past. I actually liked being bald and some men I know liked me bald. That can work with your best makeup and earrings.

Or you could grow your hair out and just comb it over the bald spot.

Good luck either way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic