Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question..
    Posted: April 05 2004 at 6:39pm
I have thick, curly hair that is difficult to style and maintain..however..I can somehow get through with it.

I want to spike it. I refuse to put in relaxer - although I do have Curl-Away from Xenna..I have seen others with spiked hair, so I would love to attemp to get it. I've tried styling gel, but it's failed miserably...as I expected.

However, when I blow it out..it may, perhaps, be possible. Is there anyone I can go to or anything to use that will give me spikes that will look half decent?

Thanks,
The Airknight
paishens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paishens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 3:53pm
try GOOD Earth's vitamin e oil. It's not an oil but a gel which works wonders on wet hair, so you can have the wash and go look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 6:29pm
You think it would work? How many applications? How long would it take?!?! Where can I find it?!?! I'm desperate, LoL.

Thanks dude/dudette..heh.
blkazntina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkazntina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2004 at 8:45pm
how long is your hair??
my hair is bra strap length and thick and curly
...:::curly hair:::...
~*^_^*~Tina~*^_^*~
sey if u can hook me up and let me be a model i would luv u 4ever!!!... maybe not luv but......yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 1:13pm
Hmmm..well, I'm a male, but anyway..that's irrelevant right now. Onto the question you asked..

It's about 3 inches I'd say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 2:13pm
Still trying..LoL. I can't find that GOOD oil anywhere, sadly..where do I go to find it? Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by The_Airknight The_Airknight wrote:

Still trying..LoL. I can't find that GOOD oil anywhere, sadly..where do I go to find it? Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places.

Final top..c'mon, I still need help!!

..again, I can't find that GOOD oil..
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 7:58pm
Did you try looking in a health food store. They may have something like that. Do you use conditioner after you shampoo? Try that out it keeps moisture in hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 11:14am
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Did you try looking in a health food store. They may have something like that. Do you use conditioner after you shampoo? Try that out it keeps moisture in hair.

Well, I've looked in the local Health food stores before for hair products, but I didn't see that oil.

Yes, I do condition after shampooing..

..thanks for the help, cmesweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkazntina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 8:20pm
are you black?? or are you mixed??
b/c ive nvr seen a blk guy able to spike his hair...
~*^_^*~Tina~*^_^*~
sey if u can hook me up and let me be a model i would luv u 4ever!!!... maybe not luv but......yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 9:09am
Originally posted by blkazntina blkazntina wrote:

are you black?? or are you mixed??
b/c ive nvr seen a blk guy able to spike his hair...

I'm a Moorish-American (African-American) with Cherokee, Leni-Lenape, Blackfoot, W a s h i t a w, Irish, German, French, and Korean ancestry..heh.

But I have curly/coily hair, but it's healthy..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkazntina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:19pm
thatz sooooooo awesome
im only mixed w/2 things...
i think that maybe uhhhhhhhh
i have no idea really
ive nvr ceen a blk guy spike his hair no matter how non curly it is...
~*^_^*~Tina~*^_^*~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkazntina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:20pm
maybe after you blow dry it put some styling gell in it that hardens instantly
~*^_^*~Tina~*^_^*~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by blkazntina blkazntina wrote:

thatz sooooooo awesome
im only mixed w/2 things...
i think that maybe uhhhhhhhh
i have no idea really
ive nvr ceen a blk guy spike his hair no matter how non curly it is...

Well, thanks, heh..I have a very diverse background..I think that most people do, it just may be unknown to them.

But I'm still trying..I'll try blow-drying it and putting on the instant-hardening gel..Thanks :).

I bought a flat iron, but it's relatively weak, and it only straightened a few strands..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic