Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going Natural,,,( Weave Be Gone)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going Natural,,,( Weave Be Gone)
    Posted: October 23 2004 at 7:41pm
Thank you very much. I didn't want to start anything, that's all.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 6:56pm
That's cool. Not beefing or anything like that. Still internet buds, k I have actually seen you around on a couple of different boards and i think that your are very intelligent and i love your hair too.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 6:06pm
Well maybe it's not alot of products, I guess compared to me it is. Thats all I was saying.

*moving on now*
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 3:40pm
Question? how is it alot of product when i only condition wash and apply leave-in conditioner or oil daily. I shampoo 2x a week and deep condition once a week.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 2:03pm
Thats alot of product, but if it works for you than ok. I hardly use other products, sometimes i use parnevu leave in. Other than that I condition wash or shampoo and condition wash and then style the hair. I wear a protective each week. I make sure on saturdays i take it down ( this is when i use shampoo) then i condition/deep condition it, then i style and I don't use styling products. I even feel bad for all these products I have cause I guess i'm a minimalists. My conditioners have oils that I have mixed in with them so my hair stays moisturized. I wash once a week cause of the cold weather. But on warm days I condition wash 3 times a week depending on the style.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 10:37am
I did the big chop on June 6, 2003. In the beginning i just rinsed daily with water in the shower and then applied parnevue's leave-in conditioner. As my hair grew this product no longer worked so i graduated to conditioner washers daily and shampooing bi-weekly. Deep conditioning weekly. I now condition wash with aussie 3-min miracle, aloe vera cream conditioner or whatever i have available. i then either oil with a light essential oil and apply profectiv(the green anti-breakage one) or i apply a leave in such as altima by joico or sebastian potion #9. Good detangler is paul mitchell the detangler. I shampoo with aussie mega shampoo, aussie moist shampoo or biojoba shampoo by joico(dry scalp/dry hair specialty treatment). deep conditioners can be your regular conditioner just place a plastic cap on and sit under the dryer for 30-45 mins or you can use cholesterol or joico's k-pak reconstructor. At nite i do ends treatments with either lite essential oil or profectiv(i apply it from root to end, place a plastic cap on and sleep overnite, rinse in the am). I hope this helps and the joico products can be purchased at
www.discount-beauty.com click on on-line store and then click on joico.
XWEAVEQWEEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XWEAVEQWEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the tips cmesweet; That's what i call good lookin out.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 2:15pm
O also, I started doing conditioner washes and combed my hair while it was wet and styled it while wet and then I would wear that style for a week. Don't limit yourself to twists, I had in frenchroles, flattwists, made my hair look like afro so I would know what i look like, head wraps and so on. Another good site for transitioing is www.motowngirl.com. and www.nappturality.com but i think they are moving the site now.

Also one reason not to use heat on the new growth is because you need to learn how to work with your natural hair and find what your natural hair likes.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 2:13pm
Ok well, well when I use to perm I would wait 3 months before touch, so i was use to working with my new growth. What i did was start treating my hair as if I was natural. Sometimes I would wear cornrows for 2 weeks and then cut off half an inch when I take them out. I would wear twists and twist outs, or flat twists all over ( from front to back). I used this product called Relax by frizz ease and I would get the wild look. Just use that with hair lotion while your hair is wet and scrunch your hair.now and then I would wash my hair, used pink lotion or any hair lotion and then blow dry it. I tried to use less heat as possible.

You can look at my site, its not too detailed but there are people who commented on my site who has detailed albums such as Melanzim...just click on her name and you can see what she did she has info for transitioners. I am still working on my site and I have to find pics from my transitioning days, I only transitioned for 5 months. Good luck Here is the site http://public.fotki.com/cmesweet/
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XWEAVEQWEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 12:24pm
Thanks CMESWEET, But how do you care for your new grouth without warmcombing?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 12:17pm
I see, I been natural for 5 months I never thought to use one of those during my transitions. Good luck to you and your natural journey.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XWEAVEQWEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 12:16pm
Yes its the same except you don't let the comb get as hot.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 11:56am
warm comb? is that the same as hot comb/pressing comb?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XWEAVEQWEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 11:43am
Just wannted to share my weave story with you.I've been wearning a weave for Twenty years.I have seen my hair come and go. I've worked in the so called " Chinese Store", for seven years so i think i can speak on what i've experienced. WEAVE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!! Please save yourselfs. Lady's ,,,Fella's Listen, You have hair,,, You have Beautiful Hair. No need to keep giving your money away to buy somthing you allready have.I've just started to warm comb my roots ( new growth )and i see a differnce allready, my hair has never been this full.Also befor i go. Dont forget,,,Never comb your hair dry .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic