Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAIR BUTTERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR BUTTERS
    Posted: November 28 2004 at 11:27am
which ones do you use and why? I just ordered a pound each of mango butter, avocado butter and cocoa butter-deodorized. I was interested in knowing what you ladies use and how it benefits your hair, scalp and dry ends.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 1:49pm
Right now I just use shea butter. I use it as a hot oil treatment or mix it with my conditioner to help retain moisture and also on my skin. No matter how much I use it still seems to be about a lb. The other butters sound good too, I might order them when I get some more cash flow. I have shea because when I first went to nappturality that is all I heard about. But i have enough to last a while.

When you get your other butters, give us an update on them.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 2:17pm
I'll be sure to update. Thanks for your response crmesweet. Your response was very helpful. I should have a delivery date soon.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 5:26pm
I just use shea butter. i don't really use it that much on my hair though. I use it on my scalp ,because i have dry scalp, instead of greasing my scalp with hair grease. But after I apply it to my scalp I use whatever's left on my hands on the ends of my hair and on the frizzy spots.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

I just ordered a pound each of mango butter, avocado butter and cocoa butter-deodorized.

Looks like you're all set for a while, eh?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
sunshinelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshinelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

which ones do you use and why? I just ordered a pound each of mango butter, avocado butter and cocoa butter-deodorized. I was interested in knowing what you ladies use and how it benefits your hair, scalp and dry ends.

I've been reading lots about the mango butter, lots of ladies swear by it......as for avocado butter, where did you order from? i've been looking for some but only found Burt's Bees Avocado Treatment....i once used avocado oil on my hair and it felt so smooth. I'm planning to try out the mango butter as well.
Blackbeauty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 3:43pm
to eKatherine- hopefully i do have enough for awhile- i use about 4 oz a week.

to sunshinelady-i ordered my avocado butter from www.cedarvale.net

Sometimes you can get good deals on ebay as well.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 2:01pm
Hey! Did you getyour butters yet? How do you like them and how are you using them?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

C_Dub View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 9:05am
I like shea butter myself. I'm planning to mix some coconut oil since coconut oil absorbs well in my hair.
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:41pm
I use either shea or mango butter on my ends at night to keep them moisturized.
"Courage is grace under pressure."
- Ernest Hemingway

diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 6:37pm
I use mango butter and shea butter. I would love to try that avocado butter . The mango butter is my favorite I usually follow up with an oilto seal in the moisture.
DiamondPrincess   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic