Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trimming too often?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brown_eyed_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown_eyed_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trimming too often?
    Posted: December 02 2004 at 8:50am
I know everyone's hair/trimming regimen is done differently but i'll ask anyway:

I wear my hair up (french twists, pin-ups etc) about 95% of the time, but I get my ends trimmed every 8 weeks. I'm just wondering if that's too much. My ends never get scuzzy looking but I get them trimmed anyway because it's just force of habit. Maybe i could go longer with that trim.... i just get scared that my ends will look terrible, irregardless of the way i keep my hair.

Any opinions?
"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 9:45am
I usually ask for a light trim when I get a relaxer...but ever since getting a professional flat iron I usually don't get my hair relaxed more often than every three months. So that's twelve weeks.

How much are you getting trimmed? I'd say as soon as you don't get enough trimmed to negate your new growth, you should be fine.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 6:41pm
i trim every 4 weeks. usually because i cant stand the feel of hair against my neck so when it gets to that stage, i bring out my scissors
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 12:10am
i trim every 12 weeks, works best for me.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
brown_eyed_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown_eyed_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 7:54am
12 weeks, huh? I think I'll give that a try. Maybe i'll report back here later to let everyone know how it looks.
"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 7:04pm
I trim about every 8-10 weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's time to trim next time. I couldn't find a salon but I finally found one and when i left I realized she didn't do a good job. It has layers in it as well so I can't have my mom trim it. I had her trim the layers last time and it looked bad. Maybe I'll just cut my hair all to the shortest layer. I would just trim the longest layer but my short layers are the ones that split.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic