Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can I get my hair to grow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I get my hair to grow?
    Posted: December 04 2004 at 3:02pm
My hair takes forever to grow I had hair extentions for years and I tok a break for 1 year and i can't deal wih my short boring hair either my hair grows or back hair extensions again.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 8:51pm
You must moisturize daily. This is key to ending breakage. I love mango, avocado, shea, sal, tallow and cocoa butters. They are great for moisture and dry scalp and ends. Shampoo at least once a week and condition. Deep condition weekly. Invest in a good vitamin regimine to include biotin, msm, vitamin e, flaxseed oil, l-cysteine, shen min and hair, skin and nails, and or evening primrose oil. Drink at least 64 fluid oz of water daily. Eliminate or minimize your use of heat. Trim every 12 weeks or as needed. condition wash daily if natural, this helps me out alot in terms of softness and condition of my hair. Tie your hair up at nite with a silk or satin scarf or place a thin plastic cap on it. that's about all of the help i can provide.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 8:13am
I agree with Caramel, you need ALOT of moisture especially while wearing extensions. Extensions can be drying and absorb the moisture in your hair therefore causing it to be dry and prone to breakage. I suggest you not wear extensions for a year. If you wear your own hair in protective styles( buns, frenchrolls, twists, braids( without extensions or use human hair), you will be able to retain moisture and length, because you are not allowing your ends to be out in the open.

If you are going to wear braids I suggest you try the crown and glory method...the woman has free info on her site about how to keep your braids nice and from causing breakage.

Also, a forum called www.longhaircareforum.com is good, you don't have to have long hair and if you dont want to be a member you can just read the forum and see the regimens of others and see what they are doing to improve the health and retain the length of their hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic