Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sold in walgreens- wanna grow braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sold in walgreens- wanna grow braids
    Posted: December 06 2004 at 8:24am
its been about a month with my hair growing and i was wondering wats the best shampoo and conditioner also a good hair grease so that my hair can grow. i try so many times to have my hair grow but it stops after 2 months then i just cut it off. so wats the best product sold in walgreens or cvs so a man can achieve braids
Helixe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helixe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 10:00am
Well my boyfriend shops at Walgreens and about a year ago, he had NO HAIR WHATSOEVER.....he decided to get braids and used this Olive Oil cream/oil stuff in a green jar....You'll know what I'm talking about....but he used that....brushed it in, and then when It got long enough, he started to get braids. His hair is my hair length (in 1 year) and I have shoulder-length hair!!!

It does depend on genetics and staying committed too... His routine was to wash his hair, get it blow-dried, put the Olive Oil in afterwards, and he'd wear it down for a day...then he'll get braids and start over after 2 weeks.... hope that works for ya...
"Treat me like ______, and I'll return
the favor...."
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 10:25am
I'm sure your hair didnt stop growing. You have to be patient, if you take pics from 2 months than 4 months, while u are stretching a piece of hair, you will find it is growing. Shrinkage can make your appear to not grow.

I wouldn't recommend blow drying alot. I have only blowdried 2 times this year, just to see how big my fro was. I just wash, place a moisturizer than style...twist up the hair, or braids. THese kind of styles are called protective styles and they help to retain length along with moisture.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

shepoet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shepoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 12:44pm
Hey you can use Pantein Pro V for Relaxed and Natural hair. It is a very good system for black people and has great conditioning.
Try to wash your hair atleast once a week to keep it growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic