Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best At-home lye relaxer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jadelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best At-home lye relaxer?
    Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:55pm
Has anyone here used an at-home lye relaxer and if so what were your results? Which one did you use and where did you buy it? Also, was there an accompanying neutralizing shampoo and conditioner? If not, what did you use?

Sorry if this is too many questions but I'm very curious about this. All the relaxing kits are no-lye and I hate the way they work. I don't always have the funds to go to the salon so I want to do it at home-and do it right.
Yi Shi Tong Ren
(Extend the same treatment to all)
C_Dub View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 9:15am
Some people like the Hawaiian Silky. Others like Motions Herbal line. Those are the only ones I've heard great reviews on.
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:17pm
I'm using Revlon Realistic Conditioning Relaxer in Mild and I love it. Gets my hair very sleek and straight, everytime. I buy it from Sally's in the pail. Revlon has a neutralizing shampoo, but I use Proclaim's neutralizing shampoo.
"Courage is grace under pressure."
- Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic