Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your thoughts on Shea Butter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your thoughts on Shea Butter?
    Posted: December 21 2004 at 2:01am
What do you guys/grls think about shea butter.. goods/// bads//.,.. Do you use it on a regually basis?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 11:07am
It's great. I use it on my dry scalp and on my ends.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 8:05pm
worked good for me. My sisters love it on their skin- i use it on my scalp and hair. I am also feeling tallow and mango butter right now.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 8:05pm
worked good for me. My sisters love it on their skin- i use it on my scalp and hair. I am also feeling tallow and mango butter right now.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 8:06am
EXCELLENT! I use it on my hair and skin.
DiamondPrincess   

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 12:32pm
Yup, I use it on hair and skin.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 10:15am
Ditto - And I also like the fact that it is not heavy.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
JadeGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 9:44pm
Shea butter is one of the best products on the planet for hair care. The way I use it is to take 100% Pure Shea Butter from the African Shea Butter Company (www.africansheabuttercompany.com), and grease my scalp with it after every shampoo. I also distribute it all through my hair from scalp to ends. It's a fantastic moisturizer because it's non-greasy, absorbs completely into your skin and hair, and will not cause breakouts if it gets onto your skin. In fact, shea butter has incredible healing properties and SHOULD be a part of everyone's regimen, as long as they're not allergic.

You can also melt shea butter into a cream and use it as a deep conditioner, or melt it into an oil and use it as a hot oil treatment. You can also add melted shea butter to other products to boost their moisturizing properties. This stuff is amazing!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 3:12pm
I purchase my 100% pure Shea Butter from Miracle Products. The owner makes it in his basement from his supplys which are sent directly from Africa. There are no additives and you can request raw or white. I have used both and I am a huge fan. They also have 100% pure natural African Black Soap in it's natural form...No additives. I use the Shea Butter for my scalp, ends and entire body.

www.miracle-products.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic