Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my braids are out Now I'm worried!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my braids are out Now I'm worried!
    Posted: December 26 2004 at 8:48pm
Okay I just took my braids out that I've had in for a month and I know it has grown but it still looks the same length. it HAS NOT BROKEN OFF so I know it doesn't look the same length because of that. I also have not permed it yet. Maybe thats why it looks the same length.Will it look longer after I perm it?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 11:15pm
it's called shrinkage- but yes it will look longer if you perm it. But even if you do not perm it-your hair has grown- make sure that your deep condition it now that your braids are out.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Porsche19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porsche19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 11:30pm
There are four things that I think:

1) Maybe yur hair didn't grow a lot, so you don't see much more length.

2) Maybe your hair did break off at the ends and you don't know it.

3) Maybe you do need a touchup to see the new length.

4) Maybe you're so used to seeing your own hair, you don't notice when it grows (a funny thing that happens to me)
Moni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 9:54am
Thanks yall I feel a little better now
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic