Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any New Years hair resolutions??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any New Years hair resolutions??
    Posted: December 28 2004 at 1:48pm
I thought this would be a fun thread to start. I have a few hair resolutions for 2005:

*Use the baggie method as much as possible to maintain moisturized ends.

*Relax only 4 times this year, if at all possible.

*Do more conditioner washes.

*To have a hair regimen and stick to it.

* To drink more water. (Event he flavored kind when necessary.

* Use less heat and more protective styles.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
kally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 6:01pm
Sounds good to me. I think this year I am going to grow my hair out with braids this site has given me a lot of good advise that will help me get started.
"God makes no mistakes" he created you the way you are suppose to be.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 7:00pm
*Stop using so much heat on my hair
*Do protein treatments
*Deep condition more often
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 11:21pm
What is the baggie method?
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 9:45pm
The baggie method is when you moisturize the ends of your hair, put it into a bun and use a plastice baggie to cover your bun. Many girls do this to keep the ends of their hair from drying out and to prevent less breakeage. Some put their ends in a baggie and cover it with a phony pony. I use it at night. I apply carrot creme to my ends with a little bit of carrot oil and I wrap it around before I put on my silk scarf. I just started doing this a few days ago and already I can see an improvement on my ends. It feels silkier and less dry than before. It's a good way to retain length and to keep from getting trims so often!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 8:59am
HoneyDoo, you said before you put your silk scarf on, so do you put a baggie on? What kind of baggie is this? Does it make your hair sweat and turn blow dried straight hair back curly? Because my ends are dry from having it blown straight and I wanted to do the baggie method but I'm worried that it'll make my hair turn back curly.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 1:00pm
no heat
moisturise always
protein treatments
less manipulation (still trying that)
no trims
relax thrice a year
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 2:03pm
Layla,

I started by using the disposable plastic caps you can get from the beauty supply store. At night, I just apply my moisturizer to my ends along with little carrot oil (Carrot creme and carrot oil is what works for me, you may need something different). Then I put my hair into a bun and I just cover the bun with the plastic baggie. Then I put my silk scarf on my head. I haven't had any of my hair go back straight or sweat out. In fact, my ends feel smoother and I've had less breakage. It's definitely worth a try. Let me know how it goes for you.
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 2:23pm
Tie my hair up before bed and use a silk scarf.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 5:08pm
Growth, my hair resolution is to make it grow i have been trying for soooooooooo long, years!!!!!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 2:06pm
Bumping
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic