Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your best/worst products of 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your best/worst products of 2004
    Posted: January 04 2005 at 1:36am
What has the best product and the worst product been that you tried in 2004?? (Why was it the best/worst??)

Best: Organics Mayo Conditioner
- it makes my hair very soft while strengthening it with protein. I was surprised the first time I used it.

Worst: Suave Humectant Shampoo
-After using Creme of Nature Shampoo for so long, I've become spoiled to having detangled, soft hair after I wash. SHS was drying to me.

Some other favs of mine is:
-Henna n' Placenta Conditioning Mask (excelente)
-CON shampoo. (It detangles like a goddess!!!)
-Nexxus Humectress(yummy and moisturizing)
-Carrot oil and creme (moisture galore)
-Motions Leave In conditioner (very light)
-Organics Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair creme (yummy!)
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 7:54am
Worst: TIGI Chocolate Head

BEST: NTM Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask and Serum
DiamondPrincess   

lueava View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lueava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 8:13am
Shampoos:
NTM Shampoo
Creme of Nature
Nexxus Therappe

Conditioners:
NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
NTM Hair Mask
Nexxus Humectress
ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 10:50am
Best: Solia Professional Flat Iron. Enabled me to only need four relaxers for all of 2004.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 7:18pm
Best: shea butter
Worst: I don't know.

Flat iron lady do you flat iron your hair all the time? I would like to cut down on how often I relax my hair but I thought flat irons would damage it. My hot tools ceramic would probably damage it. I want to get either HAI or Sedu. I know Sedu is the best and I should just get it but the HAI is such a pretty color.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 8:18pm
Nah. Usually once a week, no more than three for sure.

Whatever flat iron you decide on (my grandmother's hairdresser uses a Chi Turbo and it rocks), make sure you can adjust the temp. My Solia can go up to 450 degrees, but I never turn it up that high unless my hair is being abnormally resistant, like, say, after a fresh wash and air dry about ten weeks into the perm when the roots start becoming really, really wavy. And even then, it takes more than one flat ironing (on different days, of course) to get my hair back to complete silkiness.

The thing to remember, I think, is that when your hair is fairly coarse, it takes patience to style it out flat again. It'll be rough the first two times you flat iron it. Then the hair will get 'memory', if you will, and start lying down more.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 9:27pm
Layla,

What do you know about the Sedu? Do you know anyone who has one? I need to purchase a smaller 2nd flat iron and I''m thinking about the Sedu after reading their information but I don''t know anyone who has used it. I love my Magniglide but it is huge and I don''t need anything that big all the time.

Also, Supersugar: I know people who own the CHI ...How would you say the Solia compares? Does it work better than the Chi in your opinion?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 7:34am
To be honest, I can't rightly say. This is solely because I've only had a Chi in my hair immediately following a perm. Whereas I use my Solia in all conditions: silky soft, horribly nappy. Without borrowing someone else's Chi, I couldn't honestly compare the two.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:10pm
I've read the reviews for Sedu and they're great and I've talked to people at makeupalley.com who own one. I've been talking to this one lady (Andrea400 I think) who has african hair and doesn't relax it and she's had a lot of flat irons. She has a CHI flat iron that she liked how good it worked but it was drying out her hair she just bought the Sedu like a month or even less ago and says it's way better than the CHI and doesn't dry out her hair it's cheaper too. People are always talking about the Sedu at makeupalley.com on the hair boards just ask about it and people will reply.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 11:51am
Best: Salerm 21, Razac Leave-In, EQP Products

Worst: Suave Awapuhi, Suave Humectress
"Courage is grace under pressure."
- Ernest Hemingway

gn1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 9:22pm
My best product last year was Aubrey's GPA.
quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:16pm

Favorite Shampoo: NTM, Motions Lavish, and Pantene R&N

Favorite Conditoner: NTM daily, Motions CPR, Motions Silk Protein, Motions moisture Plus, Profective Growth Masque, DDTA

Leave ins: Mane n Tail, Profective 2 Phase, Elasta QP H-Two, NTM creamy and the serum 

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:02am

worst - elasta qp mango butter

best - too many to name

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 2:24pm

My worst products were the generic paul mitchell stuff at sally's full of alcohol and broke my ends off- my hair was actually smelling like alcohol.

My best products were: the conditioner concentrate and shampoo concentrate that i got from www.thechemistrystore.com  , african royale's daily doctor, 911 emergency leave-in treatment, shealoe butter, shea butter, dominican conditioners.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 10:47am

Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

What has the best product and the worst product been that you tried in 2004?? (Why was it the best/worst??)

Best: Organics Mayo Conditioner
- it makes my hair very soft while strengthening it with protein. I was surprised the first time I used it.

Worst: Suave Humectant Shampoo
-After using Creme of Nature Shampoo for so long, I've become spoiled to having detangled, soft hair after I wash. SHS was drying to me.

Where do you get the Henna and Placenta mask?  Never heard of it.  I've used the protein pack and the leave in hair repair (love it!!).  I feel you on the Creme of Nature, it's a great shampoo!

Some other favs of mine is:
-Henna n' Placenta Conditioning Mask (excelente)
-CON shampoo. (It detangles like a goddess!!!)
-Nexxus Humectress(yummy and moisturizing)
-Carrot oil and creme (moisture galore)
-Motions Leave In conditioner (very light)
-Organics Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair creme (yummy!)

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:26pm
Pokahontas, I get it at Walgreens where I live. I've only found it at one Walgreens in the area and they have it sporadically.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 3:15pm

Worst...Elasta QP mango... made my hair hard and crunchy and dry.

Carols daugheter and  Ashas. Made my hair hard and the scent made me sneeze like crazy

oils...i need to mix it in conditioner or it will make my hair hard

Best...Suave 2-minute Recovery

V05 oasis repair and recovery

Motions lavishing conditioner

Physique hydrating conditioner...just had a sample recently and i loved it.-

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Carmel_AKA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel_AKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:40am

My worst products for 2004 was trying the much raved about Affirm Line. Affirm Regular was too strong for my 4a/b type hair & it became thin in different sections. The shampoo or conditioner wasn't all that great.

The products that my hair thrive on are:  Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo, Moisture Plus Conditioner, Foam Wrap & the CPR Shampoo & Conditioner is used as a Light Protein Treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic