Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your ends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:33pm
My elasta qp mango butter used to be really thick but since it's gotten hot it has thinned out a lot. It's a lot easier to use now.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 6:44pm

I use conditioner on my ends now and it works good for moisture.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 11:36am

I like to mix vasaline with a leave in conditioner and put it on my ends, like Keracare Jojoba Moisturizing Lotion, Surge Woojee Cream, S-Curl Mositurizing Spray, etc.

I'd like to buy a snood one day and just keep it like this for months using the baggie method.

But I tend to do the bagie method when I'm streching out my relaxers (why I'm not sure) after I shampoo I twist my hair (I make sure to secure it with something on the ends or my hair will tangle) and put a ton of vasaline or a cheap grease like Blue Magic, on my hair while it's in a ponytail.  I put the plastic baggie on until my next wash. I find that ponytail pieces irritate my scalp even with is very loose.  I just put a knee high on it and twist it twice around the baggie where my ponytail. I find that when I do the baggie method I NEVER get split-ends.

Edited by Cinnamon

Transitioning since 5/15/05
BRI_BETHEA View Drop Down
bnd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRI_BETHEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 5:12am
 Organics Olive Oil Moisturizer or there  Carrot Creme. For anyone thats lost there edges the root stimulater is great.
3C/4A Realaxed
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 12:58pm
i would like to put vaseline on my ends while under a baggie. but, i do CO washes only and shampoo when biweekly when i have to clarify. do you think my clarifying "conditioner" will get all the vaseline from my ends?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 2:20pm
i do daily co washes and moisturize with one of the following:African Royale's Daily Doctor, 911 emergency leave-in conditioner, akiva's secret potion, shealoe butter, mowrah butter , shea butter or shapley's m-t-g.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 3:09pm
I'm trying to minimize product usage. Do you think Shea butter could be enough? so far so good. I have been putting a little WGHO, or carrot oil on sometimes to seal in the moisture. Is that enough?

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 4:07pm
I like the Profectiv Healthy Ends. I apply this to my ends daily and it seems to have really improved them. I've tried the baggie method in the past, but for some reason, it didnt work for me.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 8:35pm
i think ill stick to sheabutter mixes with coconut oil
maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 1:45am
Ok ladies, I am having a hard time understanding the baggie method. What kind of bag are you putting on the hair and how do you secure the bag on? The bag is just covering the ends?  Someone said they wrap their hair in a bun then put the bag on...Are you making a regular bun where you pin the ends underneath?  I want to try this method but if someone can help me understand it so I wil be doing it correctly I would really appreciate it! Thanks girls!
http://public.fotki.com/maybeline46/
SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:20am
Shea Butter.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:36am
It's a sandwich baggie that you wrap around your hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:16am
Thanks Cmesweet!  So, just wrap the sandwhich bag around the ends and secure with a ponytail holder?
http://public.fotki.com/maybeline46/
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:18am
Yup...that should work.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 9:48am
I like BB Mega gro hair grease, Doo Gro oil, and Hawaian Silky oil sheen.  Leave in hair mayonaise is good too.  I'm going to try this baggie method now that I understand it, thanks girls.  I used to use a shower cap but that made my head sweat.
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 5:53pm
i usually use kemi oyl;but i only put a lil bit on my ends so i wont weigh my hair down even though the oil is light
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 5:05pm
Wow, I can't wait to use the baggie method, I'm going to try it right now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic