Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeasuring Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carlie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Measuring Hair Growth
    Posted: January 02 2002 at 7:46pm
What is the most effective and most accurate way to measure hair growth?
Hello_Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello_Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2002 at 10:26am
From the root using a ruler I suppose, soz I dunno ???
~*Vickie*~, Click on my name to see my hair profile !
Carlie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2002 at 7:22pm
Thanks ... I`ll try that! :)
Hello_Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello_Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2002 at 10:02am

I did mine like dat neways...Mine is 14 inches root to tip.
~*Vickie*~, Click on my name to see my hair profile !
Whitney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2002 at 10:27pm
Hello!

I just visited http://www.longhair.org/measuring.htm and it says:

"Begin by standing up and pulling all of your hair behind you. Let your hair fall unobstructed down your back. Stand with your side facing a full-length mirror, if possible. Stand as perfectly straight as possible and place the end of the tape measure in the middle of your forehead where your hairline starts. Let both your hair and measuring tape fall behind you along the line of where a middle part would be. The measuring tape needs to be in the middle of your back. Whether your hair is all one length or layered, measure to the end of your longest strands. It may be impossible to read your hair measurement from the mirror. So while still holding the beginning of the tape measure on your hairline, feel for the spot where your hair ends. Grab the tape measure one or two inches above that spot, using your thumb and fingers as shown below. Please make sure that your hair and tape measure are both perfectly straight when you grasp the spot. Once you have the exact spot on the tape measure grasped, you can let go of the beginning of the tape measure. Now simply pull it around for a quick reading."

The website also has pictures explaining this if you are confused as well as a lot more interesting and great hair advice and tips!

Hope I helped. ;)

Whitney
Whitney
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 9:04pm
:|Wouldn`t measuring from your forhead to the end of the hair in back make the measurement longer than your hair really is?
My hair is all the same length and when I pull the hair in front to the back the hair in front is almost an inch short of the end of my hair in the back.
:(Am I missing somthing in the instructions or something?¿
StArSpArK
MakavelisAshley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakavelisAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 12:06am
would it make sense that in february my hair was 25 inches and now its 27 and i have only had one hair cut which was just to get rid of dead ends?
Ley
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 1:54pm
Most people`s hair grows about 1/2 an inch a month.
StArSpArK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic