Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedscalp treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scalp treatment
    Posted: June 06 2003 at 2:34pm
Does anyone know of any scalp treatment that helps hair grow faster and healthier?
I'm tired of all this nonsense about
beauty being only skindeep. That's
deep enough. What do you want, an
adorable pancreas? Jean Kerr
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 9:08pm
LOL Stephy, I love your quote.

But no, I've never heard of a scalp treatment for hair growth.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 2:57pm
Both Viviscal and Nioxin make scalp treatments that claim to stimulate the scalp and hair folicles. Rosemary is reported to stimulate hair growth also, so look for products with Rosemary, or make your own rosemary infusion by letting the leaves steep in water for an hour, then massaging into your scalp. Any type of scalp massage should be helpful for growth.
Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 8:17pm
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to try that.
I'm tired of all this nonsense about
beauty being only skindeep. That's
deep enough. What do you want, an
adorable pancreas? Jean Kerr
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2003 at 11:12pm
I have to say that Nioxin's Follicle Booster Formula and More Hair (University Medical) Hair Serum's both work to help the health of my hair. I've gone without using them, and definitely noticed that my hair looked thinner and was breaking off more easily.

I also recently purchased C-Fuller Hair Serum -- this product works to slough off dead skin cells and contains Vitamin C (I realize Vitamin C is not easily bioavailable, and there are few topical Vitamin C formulas that truly work), and this has also really helped. I've been using it for the past month, and the thickness of my hair has increased by at least 30%. I would recommend any of these products from my own experience.
Igor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 9:57am
I think regular scalp massages stimulates growth a lot. It brings more blood and more nutrition to the follicles and help muscles in the scalp to relax. Having long hair put up can be quite a strain on the scalp! Besides, it feels soooo good
I don’t really know if it’s a scalp treatment, but its really good for your hair
1BCiii
Golden/reddish blonde
Growing out from 0 mm, now a little
below shoulder lenght
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic