Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Salons In Dallas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jensen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Salons In Dallas?
    Posted: May 02 2003 at 3:11pm
I just moved to Dallas and I heard that HairBoutique.com is here? Can you give me alist of the best salon in Dallas?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2003 at 10:16am
Hi....

Welcome to Dallas! Yes..home of HB.com.

I have lived in Dallas for 20 years and I adore it here (I don't even mind the hot summers). I am a 100% Naturalized Texan.

If you want great hair.......you have come to the right city. The only other places that I would want to live for great hair is LA (where my friend celeb stylist Ken Paves reigns) or NYC where celeb colorists & stylists Rita Hazan and Louise O'Connor are at the chic new Adir Salon.

My disclaimer: I do not personally recommend any of the following salons (except 17 listed at the bottom) since I have not personally gone to any.

I have heard lots about many of them from my friends and I have read about them in various Dallas mags. However, if you go, please know you are going at your own risk and don't email me to tell me I sent you to a bad hair experience. :-)

Also, if you would mind...I would love to have your feedback...positive or negative so I can keep it in mind for future lists.

According to D Mag here are some of the cream of the hair crop in Big D as of the May 2002:

Perry Anderson
Celebs He Has Worked with: Laura Bush, Liz Smith, Jane Seymour, Angie Harmon, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for their shoots, Jason Alexander, Star Jones etc.,
214-522-2870
Haircuts are quoted at a range of: $50-$100
They do TV work and some photo shoots.

Paul Neinast (supposedly quite a personality)
214-999-0400
Celebs He Has Worked On: Zsa Zsa Gabor, Tommy Lee Jones, George Bush, Rene Russo
Cuts listed as $30-$75

Jose Eber in Dallas
Master Stylist: Rainer Schneck
Celebs: Dallas Stars Hockey Players like Darryl Sydor (I interviewed Sydor about his blonde highlights done at Eber) Liz Taylor, Linda Grey, Betty Buckley & Dallas Park Cities ladies.
Price range for haircuts are listed as $85+
214-696-4074

PS. There is also a Jose Eber salon in Willow Bend Shopping Mall but it just opened about 6 months ago and has a smaller staff. I don't know anything about the Shops At Willow Bend Eber although I am sure they do great.

Alan Stone
214-987-9799
Celebs: Leeza Gibbons, Priscilla Presley, Stevie Ray Vaughan
Cuts: $45 - $100

Luxe
Master Stylist: Dale Collins
Celebs: Dr. Phil's Wife, Texas Senators & politicians
Cuts $35-$75
972-781-1720

William Carr Salon
Stylist: Michael Morgan
Celebs: Dixie Chicks, Tanya Tucker, Gary Busey
Cuts listed as $35-75

Seventeen Spa/Studio & Salon HairBoutique.com media & Net partners
Celebs: Jessica Simpson, Young Dallas based rock stars, press (I recommend this place very highly)

They are located off the Tollway in Plano near Willow Bend. They have some exceptional stylists. I would highly recommend Casey or Miriam or Tiffany........although you really can't get a bad stylist there since they all rock. They also have Joe - a fabulous manicurist/pedicurist and some great massage & facial people.

Cuts range in price....call for a quote or to make an appointment at: 469-361-0017. Not only teens to to 17SSS. It is very popular with all age ranges and books early, so call if you want to go there. Very hip place.
http://www.seventeenspa.com

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
shelton@hairboutique.com

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jensen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 12:57pm
Thank you so much for all your detailed info. I am going to check out several of the salons and see what I can report.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic