Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

salon in northern new york

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salon in northern new york
    Posted: February 02 2005 at 1:32pm
My wifes' hair has steadily gotten shorter since I first met her,much to my delight. The problem she runs into is with the hairdressers here. She will find a picture of a short cut that she likes,take it to the salon,and ultimately the hairdresser will not cut it short enough. Last week she took a picture of a #3 buzzcut with bangs,and asked for that style,the long haired stylist only trimmed about a quarter inch off her two inch long hair, saying that my wife really didn't want to get buzzed. Of course she wanted the buzz
cut, thats what was in the picture.Does anyone know a stylist in this area who will cut hair like this?
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 4:03pm
Let me first explain to you how stylists are taught to think..Cutting off too little is ALWAYS better then cutting off too much. We are also taught to cut the clients hair to coordinate and compliment the clients face shape, lifestyle, and personal style as well as to emphasize their good attributes and minimize the less attractive ones. We are taught to be able to spot these things from afar..From the very first few seconds we meet a client, we analyze all of these things and it may be that the style your wife is going for is not wellsuited for her and the stylists is only realizing what you and your wife do not. If she really wants the cut, I would suggest her being VERY VERY specific while consulting with the stylists about what her preferences, experiences, and desired results are as soon as she sits in their chair-otherwise, the same thing will keep happening over and over again...
Sara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic