Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is fine hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberEyedAzn2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberEyedAzn2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is fine hair?
    Posted: November 08 2003 at 2:59pm
hi,
i'm wondering....what type of hair counts as fine hair? or not? thanks!
Keri W.
Vito View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 2:05am
When it is definately not thick..... close to thin, but not. hope that helps : )
Vito View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 2:11am
Hah, just after i replied, i found a definition for fine hair : )

"Fine

Fine hair tends to feel thin, limp or flyaway. Volumizing shampoos without added conditioners and occasional lightweight leave-in conditioners are your best choices, as they won't weigh the hair down. The same logic applies to styling products: stick to light spray gels and mousses."

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 8:33pm
Fine hair resembles silk (not always in a good way either). It is usually very slick, often but not always thin, and won't hold any kind of roller set or anything like that. It has special needs and care. Think the corn silk at the end of the ear of corn and you are getting close.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 1:13am
I'd read somewhere that fine hair referred to the diameter of the individual hairs. The hair type is a combination of the hair's texture and volume. *nods* Unfortunately, fine hair also tends to be thin and lifeless :-P . *pokes it* Lucky me :-P . . . *falls over*
More awesome than a manatee!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 8:16am
Demodoll, you''re right on the money. That''s the best definition I''ve heard. Fine hair is like silk only not in a good way. I never thought about it, but it is kinda like the silk on corn.

Twanda
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 11:29am
I think fine hair is the hardest type of hair to deal with. Even worse than curly. Every mistake a hairdresser makes is glaringly obvious.
Gollan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 3:19pm
As my hair gets longer I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I have fine hair. At least now I understand why ponytail bands and bobby pins won't stay in my hair.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 10:07pm
Your hair looks pretty thick though. Fine thick hair is very beautiful IMHO. It won't hold a ponytail or bobby pins though.
goddesshanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddesshanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 10:51pm
i found a site recently (i'll try to find it again and post it) that defined hair by the ponytail circumference. their example for fine hair had a girl with a ponytail no bigger around than my thumb. the thick example had a ponytail about the size of my wrist.
goddesshanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddesshanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 11:09pm
doh, scratch that last one, the ponytail thing was from thin to thick, not fine to coarse. but this website does have some clarification on terms: http://www.tlhs.org/cartyp.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic