Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Planning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planning
    Posted: May 20 2003 at 11:34am
For me, planning has always been an important diet tool. At different times in my life, I kept detailed food journals, and/or planned my meals, in advance, in writing. This is something I learned in Weight Watchers.

These days, I don't plan weekly menus or record my meals on paper, but I do take written shopping lists to the grocery store to help keep me in line. When I sit down to write the lists, I do tentative meal-planning in my head (i.e., think about breakfast, lunch and dinner as I'm writing).

I used to record my daily workouts on my calendar, it made me feel really great to see the calendar fill up with that information. I haven't done that in a while, mostly because I forget.

To what degree does planning help you to meet your fitness goals? Do you write anything down? Keep fitness or food journals? In what ways do these things help?

Thanks for sharing!

Elissa
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 4:37am
I should also add that when I find myself slipping and sliding, sometimes I do revert to writing things down and tighter planning. It helps me get back on track. I do find myself wandering off the path now and again!

[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic