Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Detox Diets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Detox Diets
    Posted: May 23 2003 at 9:41am
Hi All

I am on Day 1 of a 5-Day Detox.
This is something I do at the beginning and end of the summer and find it very beneficial.

The Detox involves clearing out all the negative stuff from your body and life on all levels (physical, emotion, mental, spiritual, social - everything). It is very healing.

However, on the food front, here is what I do:

Day 1: Raw organic fruit and vegetables
Day 2: Raw fruit
Day 3: Fresh made fruit juices
Day 4: Pure spring water
Day 5: Fresh made fruit and vegetable juices

At the end of the Detox, I am in a pure and powerful place.
I can then move forward in my life with energy, clarity, a glowing complexion, bright eyes and a beaming smile!!!

Do you follow any Detox routines?
Have you tried any in the past? What were the effects?
Are you considering a Detox but are worried about maintaining will-power or how to fit it in with feeding other members of your family regular food?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Uzma
Uzi

Giles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 12:39pm
Hi Uzma,

I have done various detox diets in my past, and agree that the feeling after the first few days, and well after it was over, was great.

My problem was with what I would eat in between detox's.

Right now, I am moving to more raw fruits and vegies in my diet all the time, and cutting out (so far as I can) any animal products. so far it feels great, but I think I need to give it a month or so before making any judgement.

Giles
Giles
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2003 at 4:16pm
what is considered organic? also how do you make fresh juices.[i don't have a blender]some more information about this detox diet? lately i've had a lot of negative to get rid of so any help would be very much appreciated
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 1:04pm
Hi Monica

“Organic” in the U.K means natural vegetable/animal produce that is grown/raised without chemical fertilisers, pesticides, genetic modification, synthetic hormones and anti-biotics. Such produce has to be awarded certification from the Soil Association in order to qualify as “organic”. I try and eat organic produce and meat, egs etc, whenever possible as I wish to keep my body pure from these substances. There is a lot of pollutants and other bad stuff that we cannot avoid in urban areas, however one can make informed choices on some things – like food and drink.

I make juices in a centrifugal juicer. It is very much like a food processor, but contains a spinning disc that cuts the fruit/veg very finely and extracts the juice out of it. The pulp is seperated from the juice automatically. I paid £35 which is $55 (approximately) for my juicer about 7 years ago.

There is heaps of information on the web about detox diets. Here is a good place to start:
http://chetday.com/detoxmenu.html

Hope that helps.

Uzi
Uzi

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 1:31pm
thank you uzma
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 1:38pm
you are most welcome sweet pea
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic