Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fruit: nature's candy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fruit: nature's candy
    Posted: June 13 2003 at 11:19am
If it weren't for fruit, I don't know that I could have achieved this significant weight loss. I can't think of anything else that is so naturally delicious AND good for you, too. It doesn't even need to be prepared!

My favorite fruits are:

pineapple, mango, strawberries, grapes, apples, watermelon, melon, peaches, plums

I also love dried fruit--especially pineapple and apricots. But I have a tendency to binge on them, especially the pineapple. That usually has added sugar.

And nothing beats a banana for breakfast! It's as filling as bread, but without the refined carbs.

What are some of your favorite fruits?

Elissa
[/url]

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 12:44pm
Hello Elissa

I agree, fruit is fabulous.

My faves are:

Wild Blueberries
Charentais melon
Lychees
French Apricots
Figs
Cherimoya
Durian
Hass Avocado
Fragola Grapes

My sister's in-laws have a farm in the south of Italy, with a large orchard where they grow wonderful fruits. They also have a lot of olive trees.
Around September-time, the fruit is ripe, the harvest is coming in and everyone is a picture of radiant health as they have been gorging themselves on the produce all summer long (& getting plenty of exercise in the fresh air).
Even the dogs eat fruit and, by the end of the summer, the old ones are behving like puppies and looking much better than before.

What perfect food.

And what a great topic, Elissa .

Love and Hugs
Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 5:54pm
You are so right!!!
Fruit is the best dessert and a great snack!!!

I love peaches, apricots, melons, apples, oranges, blueberries, plums, the list goes on and on!

Fruit is a perfect food;- non-fatning, nutricious, satisfies the sweet tooth, good for digestion, etc.

I try to eat mostly lean meats and fish, skim milk and yogurt, nuts, and fruits and vegetables as most of my diet.
tina
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 10:16am
Frozen raspberries, tangerines, grapes and plums to the max!
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic