Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exercise & Eating Healthy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donna Bell View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exercise & Eating Healthy!
    Posted: June 21 2003 at 10:23am
Hi Elissa! Congradulations on your weightloss! You look good girl! I have lost weight countless times over the years also,and have recently started exercising & eating healthier going on two months now. I no longer call it a diet,because I plan for this to be a lifestyle and a mind change this time,and for it to be permanent. I always associate dieting with reaching a certain goal,and once I reach that goal,I get relaxed,and start back to my normal pattern of eating. I 've noticed a big change in my body,and how its starting to take shape now. I weighed myself about 2 weeks ago,and weighed in at 190lbs at 5'4'. I have about 60-70lbs to lose according to my personal goals. I want to get down to 125-135lbs. I guess my main reason for writing is to get the support that I need in keeping the weight off,because, I never have a problem losing the weight,but keeping it off,and not falling back into my old habits is my problem. There aren't many sites that support me in my struggles with my weight. I am a compulsive overeater. The reason I say I am is, because,I'm one binge away from falling off again,just like the alcoholic is one drink away. I'm tired of the yo yo dieting,and not feeling good about myself,the low self-esteem. I know that losing weight is not the answer,but its half the answer. The times I've lost weight,my self-esteem increased 75%. I feel depressed and weighed down when the weight is on. I am turning my struggle into my career,because I want to help other women successfully lose the weight,keep it off,and love themselves.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 4:14pm
Hi Donna,

Welcome to the board and thank you so much.

Congratulations to you for all the hard work you've done so far. I can relate to just about everything in your post. This is a good place to share your experiences and get some support. Even though this board has come into my life after losing the weight, my struggles remain and it is helping me in my lifelong quest for fitness.

There are some really terrific people on Hair Talk, starting with the tireless owner of this board Karen Shelton. I look forward to conversing with you on this and other topics.

Please keep us posted on how your efforts are going.

Best to you,
Elissa
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic