Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I might be fat as a whale, but I don't hate  it now.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I might be fat as a whale, but I don't hate it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I might be fat as a whale, but I don't hate it now.
    Posted: March 14 2004 at 1:10am
Hi! I'm about 5'7-5'8, and weight 190 pounds and wear a size 34 pants. I recently bought an exercise machine and I have actually been using it. While the scale registers no weight loss, I just FEEL better about myself anyway.

As a result I keep wondering if, 9 times out of 10, the excess weight of dieters is totally immagined, what do you guys think?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 9:09am
Well, I don't know about those statistics, 90% is pretty high. But I am positive that there are a decent percentage of dieters that are not overweight, particularly among women in their teens, twenties and thirties.

It's a sad thing when 130 pound, average height women diet because they want to be 110 (or whatever) or to look like fashion models.

Self-love and acceptance at any (reasonable) size is far healthier than being "skinny", in my opinion. I'm not talking about people who have serious health risks due to obesity. I'm talking about people who are within the high side of "normal" weight according to the charts, or 15 or 20 (or even 30) pounds over those charts. SO WHAT????

Just my opinion!
[/url]

charkkatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charkkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 5:35pm
I definitely think that you are improving. You may not see it on the scale though. It seems like you are feeling more confident. Also, are you clothes getting any looser at all? Muscled weighs more than fat so you really could be just gaining muscle. The best way to tell if you are really improving, is by measuring each area. It's more accurate than any scale is!
Charlotte
(The blonde brunette)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 7:17pm
This post is kind of moot because I actually did lose a bunch of weight recently, plus I noticed a huge discrepency of about 30 pounds between my home scale and my doctors.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:46am
Is your scale 30 lbs lighter or heavier at weighing you than your doctor's? I could do with one that weighs me 30 lbs light. . . help boost self-esteem, until I find out the problem, anyway. . . *now plans to go out and buy a scale, and purposely set it 30 lbs back just for vanity's sake*
More awesome than a manatee!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

Is your scale 30 lbs lighter or heavier at weighing you than your doctor's? I could do with one that weighs me 30 lbs light. . . help boost self-esteem, until I find out the problem, anyway. . . *now plans to go out and buy a scale, and purposely set it 30 lbs back just for vanity's sake*

The doctors scal is the one that weighs me 30 pounds lighter, but it's also an old scale, so it's probably too good to be true.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic