Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drop a dress size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandy from New Jersey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy from New Jersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drop a dress size
    Posted: November 27 2004 at 12:23pm
I was wondering, if a person of any weight lost a certain amount of weight, would they go down a dress size? I mean, roughly how much weight do you need to lose to drop one size? And is it the same for everyone? Say you had to lose 20lbs to drop a dress size (I don't know, I'm just using it as an example), would anyone who lost 20lbs drop one size, or is it possible for someone to drop down 2 sizes or someone else to not go down even 1 size? I'm only curious because honestly, I could care less what I weigh, I'd just like to be a certain size. Anyone know or have any ideas? Thanks. :)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 4:12pm
For me, I think 20 pounds would be about a size and a half. I'd guess that how many pounds it took to lose a dress size would depend on your body composition and height.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 1:28pm
Losing 14 pounds=dropping a dress size..which is wht the hampton's diet apparently does! Lose 14 pounds in two weeks...hope this helps.
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Veronica F. Veronica F. wrote:

Losing 14 pounds=dropping a dress size..which is wht the hampton's diet apparently does! Lose 14 pounds in two weeks...hope this helps.

Lol no wasn't telling u to do that wht i meant was it makes u lose 14 pounds in two weeks! Lol.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 5:40am
working in womens retail for a while (what a nightmare) can let me tell you that there is NO standered for womens sizes. peroid. A size 6, 8, 10 whathaveyou, varies greatly between brands, and sometimes even in the same brand. even the same dress, it can very up to an inch.

everybodys body is diffrent and looses and gains weight in diffrent spots. while it may take someone only 5 lbs to drop a dress size, she might be genetically able to lose the weight directly from her stomach, while other people might have to lose a lot more before their stomachs even start to shrink.

so there is no way of telling you without knowing you, and the particular dress you have in mind, that losing X amout of weight will get you into Y dress size. too many variables.
elliejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 11:30pm
There is no standard weight difference between sizes.

I'm a pretty muscular person, and if I gain ten pounds, I can usually keep the same pants and such-- my roommate, however, is a lot less muscular. Ten pounds on her looks like at least twenty on me.

Among other things, it depends a lot on body composition. Some people just gain weight in a much more compact kind of way. *shrugs* Maybe, if you're looking for a weight loss goal, you should focus on measurements, rather than pounds? Like, lose two inches from your waist, or some other goal like that.
hey girl, d'you color your hair?
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 7:44am
the weight i usually need to lose has changed since i started the atkins diet. 5 years ago, when i was much thinner, i would diet by just cutting my calories way back. then if I lost 10, it would also be alot of water and muscle, so i might barely mean I'd drop a size. but now, through this diet and exercise( I do cardio and Pilates) The first 10 pounds came off very fast and it was more like 2 dress sizes. I definitely noticed the loss more in inches than weight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic