Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boots!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boots!
    Posted: June 24 2003 at 10:17pm
I love boots...I'm not really into the cowboy/Western style ones, but I am definitely into the more modern/updated types that are around often.

So, what do you think about boots? Do you like them at your ankle, mid-calf, knee, or even higher (a.k.a. Pretty Woman style)? Or do you not like them at all?

I especially like boots that are black leather (always leather for me, I admit) with about a 2 to 3-inch heel and more of a blunt toe edge. I have two pairs of boots that I wear the most at the moment, one pair that is at the ankle and another that are knee-length. I think the boots that have a skinnier heel and pointed toe are great also, especially for dressier occasions.

Your thoughts would be great, too!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 12:07am
i love boots all kind except for the pretty women kind. infact my husband and i went into a store yesterday that had the pretty women kind. there were 100 bucks! no offense to anyone that likes them, the ones i saw looked cheap. the heel was about 6 inches! there more the kind exotic dancers wear.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 1:36am
Hi Monica,

OMG...I love boots. Living in Dallas is like being in boot nirvana. There are all the traditional cowboy boots ranging from the traditional Ropers to the fringed kind. Then there are tons of the high fashion kinds. I love Mudd boots and I have a pair of zippered calf high seude boots with really high clunky heels that I wear all the time...except when it is really hot.

As far as the Julia Roberts boots I actually had a pair in navy blue that I wore ions ago when I was still crazy enough to torture my tootsies. They were soooooo hard to get on because they did not have zippers. They had 4 inch spike heels and went over my knees. Very hot but also very trashy. I just couldn't resist...an no I was never an exotic dancer. LOL.

Please, more boots talk. It makes my heart beat faster.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 6:44am
They have a 1.5 inch heel.
They lace-up.
They go up 2 inches above my ankle.
They are hand-stiched calves leather.
Black leather on the outside and pale cream on the inside.
They are soft, soft, soft.
They make me drool.......

I tried them on last week in the local "Boot Heaven", then checked out the price tag....£249.99..... and put them right back on the shelf.

Self-confessed boot fetisher.....
Uzi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 12:04pm
i have a pair of boots i love, ok i love all my boots! LOL they come to my knee. they are two different color of carmel. they have a little bit a platform with a 3 inch heel. they make me look tall! one problem though. i'm sure you know what i mean if you love boots one side piches my little toe i think i'll go have them stretch out. i hope that works.
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 6:05pm
I love boots! Sometimes I have to hide the tattoo on my ankle (professional stuff), and boots make me feel like I''m getting away with something. I can''t think of anyone who doesn''t look good in them. I wear higher-heeled boots than shoes; maybe they aren''t as sl**ty?

Jean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by 3katz 3katz wrote:

I love boots! Sometimes I have to hide the tattoo on my ankle (professional stuff), and boots make me feel like I''m getting away with something. I can''t think of anyone who doesn''t look good in them. I wear higher-heeled boots than shoes; maybe they aren''t as sl**ty?

Jean

my cousin does that. she has a big tattoo that goes half way up her leg. she was so happy to find boots that hide it for work.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 10:38pm
OMG! It's like 90 degrees outside! How can you people even think about boots??

But thank you for reviving this quiet board.

I like boots, too. One of the only good things about winter...
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2003 at 2:19pm
Hi all,

Yes, it is hot outside but I have found some of my best boot shopping times in the Summer. Many boots are on sale from the previous winter and the new boots are arriving for the Fall. Many people aren't shopping for boots because it is so hot out so there are no lines at the boot trough to try on the beauties. :-)

Star
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2003 at 5:19pm
I finally found a pair of boots that worked for me earlier this year... it ends at the calf, and zips up. There's a 2inch heel, and the toe is square shaped.. It goes with my low-rise jeans, as well as my suit-like pants, which is all so good during the raining seasons.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2003 at 8:14pm
Mmm that's troo, Starburst. I should probably keep my eye out.

Cuz I have a pair like Papillon described, but I got them at Payless, and they hit my arches funny when I walk, and this hurt my feet. So maybe if I could find a better designed pair, I would get more use out of them.

Though I think I paid $5 for the Payless pair, so no regrets...
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic