Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does anyone else think heels give you better posture?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone else think heels give you better posture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone else think heels give you better posture?
    Posted: July 12 2003 at 10:37pm
I know they say heels are supposed to be bad for your back. Look at "healthy" shoe catalogs, like Birkenstock or Dansko... and they will show you diagrams and facts about how heels are bad for your back.

But I feel like when I'm wearing heels, I'm more mindful of my posture. I guess they make me feel feminine, so I'm more mindful of keeping a womanly posture. Instead of my usual slump.

What do you think?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 9:47am
I like heels. I wear them on formal and special occasions.
OK...that said, I always heard that they exagerated the womens hips and walk. Can't remember where I heard or read that. I think...believe it or not...lol...it was in a feminist magazine
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 1:08pm
I like heels too. And I love dressing feminine, and high heels are sexy and feminine.

Are they good for your posture? Maybe. But I believe if you wear heels too much it is hard on your back and probably not that good on your feet.

I agree with Rachel, heels are great for formal occasions or when you are out on the town but I wouldn't want to wear them too often.
tina
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 11:43am
I think that since heels makes a person taller, they have to balance better, and differently, making them more aware of the body and motions. At the same time, it could just be because of the height that it makes people look like they're standing straighter.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 12:54pm
Something funny and back-jolting about wearing heels is sitting down! And the seat is so far down! Oof!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 4:23pm
I just bought gorgeous 4" black leather Nine West pumps from Macy's. They are plain but with a cute rounded MaryJane-like toe. I do think I am more aware of posture in shoes like this, because if I don't watch my balance, I will fall. It is easier to balance when you stand tall.

And I do mean tall! I am almost 5'7 in these shoes! Ha ha!

I wore them around the house for a couple of hours to help break them in, they are pretty darn comfy for what they are.

Elissa
[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 9:44pm
4" heels Elissa! Even when I was a "working girl" I didn't wear heels that high! Are you trying to kill yourself young lady-(tee hee)-!

3'" heels are just fine with me, that is as high as I need to go. I like the way high heels look, but I never really liked wearing them that much.
tina
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:27pm
I plan to wear them when I am primarily sitting!

At my height I need all the help I can get!

[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:32pm
I know what you mean. I am 5 ft. 1 inch!
And I'm petite.
But don't let that fool you. I am plenty tough!
tina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic