Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What smell do MEN desire??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
i_liketoeat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_liketoeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What smell do MEN desire??
    Posted: January 04 2005 at 12:56am
I'm wondering what kind of scents attract men.

I've heard many times, that a GOOD smelling female is a HUGE TURN ON, whether she looks good or not.

C'mon fellas, lets hear your opinions! And ladies too of course!

Also, I'm wondering which perfumes are appropriate for All occasions ? (work and partying included)
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 2:54am
It depends on the man. Some men perfer your basic floral/citrus scents like Ralph Lauren Romance.

A lot of men I know love strong, powerful (not overpowering), musky, perhaps even oriental scents. I absolutely LOVE Gucci I. It smells so opulent and sophiscated. It's perfect for a night out or a dinner. Another scent that falls into that category is Cinema by Yves Saint Laurent. It has some citrusy notes, but it's very unique.

Spicy scents are another option. Most Chanel fragrances (Like Chance, Coco) are spicy and perfect for a formal occasion where you don't want to smell like you are 16.

I've heard that Chanel Egoiste Platinum for men is the most incredible scent "for the model-turned actor man".

There are many options, I tend to be perfer the scents in the strong/opulent/spicy. But floral is okay during the day. I stray from it because of an unforunate Lancome Miracle overdose.

Lots of choices, lots of different types of men. Just go with what your nose tells you.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:52am
I understand that the number one man-catching scent is pumpkin pie. No kidding, scientifically proven.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:52am
Everytime I've worn Ralph by Ralph Lauren, men have commented on it. My guy friends are always like 'wow, you smell good'. The only problem is that it smells so distinctive that you can always tell if someone else is wearing it too!

My girlfriend always gets a good response with Romance by Ralph Lauren. I used to wear it too, and it did work :)
sxystyles3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxystyles3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:09pm
 There are several studies out now saying the number one aphrodisiac (sp*) smell for men is Pumpkin pie mixed with a little lavender, followed by pumpkin pie and doughnuts, and then just plain pumpkin pie. Other top scents were Cinnamon Rolls and Apple pie. Cherry was the only scent that had a negative effect. I wear the fall pumpkin scent from BBW and now if I don't have it on my boyfriend ask me why I don't!!! Unfortunatly it's only available a few months in the fall but you might catch a few bottles at the semi annual sell in Jan. Lol I stocked up on several bottles of it! And if you don't like smelling like food it comes in candles as well though I don't think it really smells like pie just a little spicy.
Shaker666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaker666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 3:13am
I'd have to say that being a man, I am strangely aroused by the scent of pumpkin pie, apple pie, and hot cinammon rolls.  Those are likely my favorite sweets too.  Any woman that smells of this stuff is, quite literally, automatically targeted on my radar regardless of whether I'm consciously aware of it or not.
Empowered by hair!
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 11:12pm
Whenever I wear Stila Creme Bouquet, I get an incredible number of compliments from males about that scent.  ~Far more comments by men than women~ and they all say how much they love how 'clean and fresh' it smells.
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 5:42pm
This isn't a perfume, but if you want to small delicious, use Lee Stafford's Poker Straight Flat Iron Protection Mist on your hair.  Just a light spray protects your hair and makes you smell like heaven!  My boyfriend LOVES it!

It actually smells like a sweet light chocolatey perfume...like a mild Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Edited by aubergine
fatzbusta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatzbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:30pm
I like anything floral truth be told....
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:23pm
i dont really care for those sweet food smells 4 some reason im turned on by most of the victoria's secret body sprays. Mostly the fruity ones
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
fatzbusta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatzbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:30pm
Yeah I knw wut u talkin bout this gurl i knw be into that shyt deeply but i mess wit the lacoste for women the red one....
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 12:04am

Pumpkin pie? Hmm.. what are some scents that have pumpkin pie in them? 

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:24am

I used to wear this spectacular smelling STRAWBERRY scented spray by Bonne Bell along with some strawberry oil (I was 22 at the time, but I'm STILL a girl!). I would walk around and men would say all day, "oooh, someone smells good in here!"

Men seem to comment more when I wear fruity scents.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 4:46pm
JLo's Live is a delicious fruity perfume, it is wonderful and fresh.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 2:20pm
Ha, I can't really help since my bf is allergic to perfume (sigh), if I've just washed my hair we can't hang out that night... but whenever we're not gonna be together and I can wear perfume, usually I only use a dollop on each wrist of some of my many many perfumes(I know, I know, the irony) in lotion. And men seem to like it when I smell fruity, women seem to preffer the cleaner fresher smells...
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic