Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAIR BIBLE REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2011 at 8:12am
Originally posted by KISAWA KISAWA wrote:

Hi girls,
I just read the hair bibles from philip Kingsley and I must say that what I read was quite confusing.
He advises to shampoo daily, even the length, hum hum don't know what to think!!
He advices NOT to brush your hair but rather COMB it . He says that even a Pure bristle brush would cause damage on the hair shaft. And then he shows some pictures of damaged hair:yucky!!
Does not say a word about using oil daily on your hair......
BUT the great thing about this book is the ingredient listing at the end of it. This is very complete and very useful!!

Anyone read those books from Kingsley?????

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I agree with everything you said about this book so many years ago and I still agree.  However, I do still refer to the ingredients.  Not sure where he got the definitions but over time when comparing them to my technical cosmetology book definitions and to what I have learned since the late 80s about growing hair, and hair in general, the ingredient section is the best part of the book.  Which is exactly what you said.

Thanks for writing this review. You are also correct that a lot of books about hair, as well as beauty, nails, make-up and fashion, provide conflicting information.  Also, I think as the social networks have been introduced there is much accurate information shared between consumers who are willing to try different things, experiment and share their results.

Thanks again for the review.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
konglong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konglong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2013 at 7:27am
Thanks for the review.

Edited by Karen Shelton - December 27 2014 at 1:14pm
imane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 9:48am
From the very beginning, when Eve's long locks were first used to hide her tenderest parts . . . clear through to John of Patmos' hair-raising, wild-bearded revelations of the end-times, this book has it all. I especially like early Roman hair. Forget about aqueducts, those people were doing French braids before France even existed!

Edited by imane - December 27 2014 at 9:54am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic