Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Angles/Front Layer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angles/Front Layer
    Posted: April 13 2002 at 3:10pm
What are the pros and cons to this type of layers?

How would this effect styles like ponytails, braids, bun?
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you... all you can do is stalk them and and hope they panic and give in"
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2002 at 4:00pm
It all depends. My hair is just above my shoulders and I have this type of layer. I love it. It starts just above my chin. I can still pull my hair back, where braids, 2 low pig tails, pull the sides and top up, a ponytail. I can do so much with my hair.
~*~*Lisa*~*~
grenwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2002 at 1:46am
My hair is between waist and tailbone, so my "angles" are actually quite long, with hairline pieces cut to just below my jawbone.

I wear my hair up a lot, and I think having bits and pieces down soften the look, having all my hair pulled away from my face is harsh. It does require a couple of extra pins, to capture all the lengths, but I have seen girls wear buns with pieces pulled out and "fanned", rather than smoothed in.

Braids have a tendency to get a bit bushy when not all one length, oil/styling product would be an option for holding it all together.

If the shortest pieces are not too short to pull back, a ponytail is easy, and no one has ever said to me - Oh - you have different lengths of hair in your 80cm ponytail - so I guess no one has noticed.

Hope this helps -

Gren

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic