Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHI vs. other her straightners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ilal3636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilal3636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHI vs. other her straightners
    Posted: May 28 2003 at 3:37pm
After researching, I've decided to buy the CHI hair straightner. I have a question though, what is the difference between this and other ceramic straightners like WIGO or Hot Tools? Also, what would be the best way to buy CHI? Should I order it online or buy it through a salon? And if so, which one?

thanks

* sorry, i meant CHI and other hair straightners.*
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2003 at 9:05pm
CHI seems to be the best straightner out there in the market. However, there are similar straightners that compare to CHI like Wigo. It's less expensive but as sufficient as CHI. I would recommend you call salons near you to ask if the carry CHI or Wigo or you could search online. It's up to you.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
MiamiAnnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiamiAnnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 5:51pm
The CHI has no way you can control the temperature. (Thats not good....I've read that will dry/damage your hair)...Choose one with temperature control..I just bought a HAI for $95 and it has temperature control...I haven't used it but I hope its good for that $$$....

Annie
.allie. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .allie. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 9:24pm
I use a really good hair straightner. It's called Helen of Troy and you can control the temperature, heats up fast so you don't have to go over the section of hair millions of times.
breezymeadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezymeadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 7:35pm
The Revlon ceramic flatiron that sells at Targets is manufactured by Helen of Troy
Breezymeadow@hotmail.com
Alysha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 11:42am
I am a hair straightening expert and i will let you know what you need to know. The Chi is better because it is one of the only fully 100% Ceramic iron on the market. It also gets hotter than other irons. I have the Chi turbo and it is wonderful! I will suggest if your hair is naturally thin or straight or not to hard to straighten, buy a less expensive flat iron. The chi is made for all hair types, but is especially used for thick,coarse,curly,or unmanagable hair. This is the best straightener I myself have ever used. Chi is the best out of all straighteners. But you must be careful because it can burn your hair if used on hair for too long.
Here to help
Alysha
gslim southernboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gslim southernboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by ilal3636 ilal3636 wrote:

After researching, I've decided to buy the CHI hair straightner. I have a question though, what is the difference between this and other ceramic straightners like WIGO or Hot Tools? Also, what would be the best way to buy CHI? Should I order it online or buy it through a salon? And if so, which one?

thanks

* sorry, i meant CHI and other hair straightners.*
don't know
G Slim
sinfullydeelicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinfullydeelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 11:02am
I must say the CHI is amazing! I have used many different irons. I usually have to blowdry my hair straight, use lots of products and then go over it with flat iron and it still looks crappy till recently I went to the salon and the girl stuck me under the dryer for a while
then no joke it took 5 min for her to use it on my hair and got my hair straight not only that but
it was soft , shiny and pin straight .my hair is dead i couldn't believe how shiny it looked... amazing.
I too was skeptical about skeptical about spending that kind of money but now i know it is worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic