Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

color after straightening?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
uscdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uscdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: color after straightening?
    Posted: June 27 2003 at 7:02pm
New member here with question: I just had my hair straightened with the CHI system, lightest formulation, and it turned out fine. There are a few damaged patches where my double-processed hair just couldn't take any more abuse. Here's my dilemma: I need to have my roots done (about 2 inches). Any thoughts on what I should do before the color to condition the roots? Since my roots are not color treated and have only been straightened, am I safe? I welcome any replies.
kristyj05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristyj05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 8:00pm
If you want to really fry your hair then go for it, but other wise I would suggest against it. Straightening and coloring is very damaging to hair. My friend did the same thing and now she's loosing a good amount of hair, her stylist even warned her not to do it but she insisted!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic