Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

damage from chemical straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chan_gillian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chan_gillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damage from chemical straightening
    Posted: July 15 2003 at 8:25am
hi hi ppl ~ a few months ago i chemically straightened my hair and the hairdresser unprofessionally applied some of the chemicals on my scalp. Even after a few months of regrowth, the scalp area where the chemicals were applied to still hurts and the new growth is rather dye and curly. My hair is naturally straight...not dead straight but not wavy or frizzy...just that area now...anyone help pls? i really wanna KILL that hair salon =[ . . .
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 11:34am
Hi there,
Exactly the same thing happened to me one and half months ago. Cut my hair really short but I still have some chemically straightened hair and some not, so you can picture the mess!
Now that my hair is a bit longer I can see my normal/original hair growing again, thank goodness.
In the bingeing I used and I am still I using Phytospecific revitalizing treatment and some Phytospecific shampoos and conditioners that are designed for chemically damaged hair/ chemically straightened hair. They help a lot.
I advice you to go back to that hairdresser and show them.
I made a mistake by paying and not telling them.
These people should not walk away with it.
These people supposed to be professional, for crying out loud.
Go and see a doctor too and see what he/she says regarding the pain in your scalp. It doesn’t sound normal. I too have had my scalp chemically burnt but it hurt for only a few days and then it would be fine.
As for the new growth, maybe you need to cut all of the chemically straightened hair and start from the bingeing.
I feel exactly how you feel.
Almost two months have passed and I still wanna KILL that (so called) hairdresser.
Good luck.
Orc
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chan_gillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 4:54am
yeah i really hate unpro hairdressers...well the regrowth is fine now but just the part that got chemically burn is hurting...would you know any products that may repair this section? thx thx 4 the reply =]
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 2:59pm
If you were referring to the part that got chemically burn and it hurts, I wouldn’t know any products. Sorry. Maybe you should go and see a doctor!!
But if you are talking about the hair and you wanna repair this section of the hair. As I said earlier, Phytospecific products are designed for chemically damaged hair/ chemically straightened hair and they work well for me but not everyone likes Phytospecific products.
I would suggest that you grow out your chemically damaged/straightened hair and start all over again. I know it isnot much fun but you learn, believe me. I have learnt the hard way
I hope someone else can help you, really do.
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Orc
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 2:02pm
Hey Chan,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience whith chemical straightening. This is why many people hate to try relaxers fearing the damage/injuries they could recieve to their hair and scalp. Some relaxers come with a special gel that one should apply to the scalp before relaxing hair to prevent burns from the chemicals. Your stylist should have used this.

Have you tried applying any sort of ointment specially those for burnt/cuts? You could apply some to the parts that hurt and leave it for a few minutes. It might heal the burns.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chan_gillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 11:09am
hey thanks for the post ! =] i havent tried any ointments because i couldn't find any that are specially made for chemically damaged scalp...any suggestions? i'm from australia btw hehe well now the scalp doesn't hurt if...but it really really hurts when i pull out a piece of hair...is that normal? other parts don't hurt as bad...and there are frizzes in the part where i used to part my hair...how do i get rid of them? and also the dead line...how do i get rid of that? thanks heaps 4 ur help =]
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 12:09pm
G'day chan_Gillian,
Welcome to the board.
Australian, hum, me too
Sorry I don’t know any ointments for chemically damaged scalp
As for the frizzes in the part where you used to part your hair is maybe after your hair has been burnt and broke off and it is now very short and it feels like frizzes but it is actually your hair but very, very short.
When my hair was burnt, I had the same feeling with my hairline and I thought my wavy hair was going frizzy but after a while I realized that it was only the new growth.
I would suggest (again) you get rid of all the hair that has been damaged and relaxed and start all over again.
I did not understand what you meant by the dead line
Good luck
Orc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic