Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straighening a perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sadia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straighening a perm
    Posted: September 01 2003 at 12:18pm
i had a perm in april.thought it would be really nice coz i grew my hair really long.the perm fell out on the 1st day and looked like a mess.had it don again didnt make much difference.now its sep.
im thinking of either chemical staightening back to original straight waivy hair or buying some hair relaxer.what do you reccomend.
taa very much reply would be apprecaited.
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 3:18pm
You can remove a perm by applying more perm solution and combing the perm out. Since you have had 2 perms so close together it would probably be best to have a professional hair stylist remove the perm for you.

Good Luck,
Twanda
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 3:40pm
I've done this several years ago and didn't have much damage to my hair. My beautician told me to first deep condition for a good 30 minutes, so I did with a good Paul Mitchell deep conditioner (can't remember which one). Then use the perm solution according to the directions, except combing the hair straight instead of in rods. After you finish with the perm, deep condition your hair again for another 30 minutes or so.

I would suggest that you be very cautious if you decide to do this on your own. I was a nervous wreak when I did mine. I would definately talk to your hairdresser before hand.

Good luck, hope this helps.
Becky
HunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 4:50pm
I had no idea u could actually get ur perm out like that,I should've thought of that in the first place lol
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic