Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hai or Chi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlie2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hai or Chi
    Posted: September 07 2003 at 8:08pm
Hi!

I'm looking at both of these ceramic straighteners and am wondering which one is better? I know Hai has the temperature control and is plated and CHI doesn't have either of these. I also see that there is quite a big price difference between these two and am wondering if it is a reflection of which one is better.

Also, what hair products do you need to use when using these flat irons?

I'm also debating on whether to get the one-inch or the two-inch ones? Any advice? I have hair which is very thick, wavy, one-length (no fringes or bangs or layers) and a few inches below my shoulders. I want something quick and easy.

Cheers,

Charlie
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2003 at 5:52pm
I'm recieving the Hai in the mail this week (bought it on Ebay!) so I'll be able to review it soon. If you sign up for makeupalley.com they have 20+ reviews for both the Hai and Chi irons, so you can compare them there. I have a metal one now, so I'm sure this will be a huge improvement. :)

I recommend using Biosilk before using an iron, because it protects from heat and makes hair incredibly silk and unfrizzy.
charlie2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 4:02pm
Hello.

Thanks for your response. I was looking at the Hai-2 on ebay as well. Which size did you get? Do let me know how you like it and the results?

Cheers,

Charlie
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 5:50pm
I finally got the hai convertible in the mail today. I've only used it once so far, but I am very happy with it. I have to admit it doesn't work faster than my hot tools aluminum plated iron (although the hot tools is 2" and this is 1"), but I feel so much better knowing I'm not killing my hair. I only have to go through each section of hair once, and that was on my curly air dryed hair. The ending result is straighter and silkier, and it looks more professional. I think it was worth the price, specially since the seller threw in a couple biosilk products. I'd really recomend using those before styling, to protect from the heat.

here's some pics I took today.

http://www.boomspeed.com/konkon/newhair.jpg
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 9:35pm
WOW!! Your hair looks really nice. I had a HAI too but it wasnt hot enough for my thick, resistant hair. So I bought the CHI, which is hotter and I can finally straighten my hair with one pass of the iron. Glad you're enjoying the HAI. :)
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2003 at 1:00am
Thank you! I actually wouldn't mind the hai being slightly hotter, but overall I'm happy with it. It's very difficult to find the right ceramic iron, especially since we're not able to test them first.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Jenna Jenna wrote:

Thank you! I actually wouldn't mind the hai being slightly hotter, but overall I'm happy with it. It's very difficult to find the right ceramic iron, especially since we're not able to test them first.

WOW... great hair.. very pretty, you and your hair! Just my opinion but I think long sideswept bangs would look very sexy on you!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 1:04pm
looking great and sassy :)
ARGHH
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 4:52pm
Thanks for the compliments.

Hal, thanks for the suggestion. Bangs would be fun, but I used to have them and in bad weather they looked completely awful. Otherwise that would be a nice idea.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 8:16am
Maybe with your new tools... any pics of when you had them?
kaaaaate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaaaaate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 6:35pm
The hai stik is the best thing i've ever bought. went from shirley temple like to perfectly straight...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic