Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ceramic Theory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hair Fiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Fiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ceramic Theory
    Posted: December 09 2003 at 6:36pm
I just got my Hai ceramic flat iron today, and am really excited about it. I have a question for all the pro's here:

Is the ceramic better than the metal because
1) It gets hotter, and therefore is in contact with the hair for a shorter time, or
2) Is there some kind of ionic technology that is going on, or
3) Something all together different?

Anyway, my first day of using it was fun. It feels different in my hand (a little bit slimmer-less bulky). I didnt really notice a huge change in my hair, but I hope in time it will prevent damage.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 11:43am
I can tell you what one manufacturer says about ceramic technology. Bear in mind the source and they are trying to sell a product.

Ceramic hair straightener and Far Infrared Technology

Why ceramic? because ceramic hair straighteners use advanced ceramic and far infrared technology.

The ceramic hair straightener assists in making hair more manageable, by generating a negative ionic field. When hair becomes entirely charged by static electricity (positive electrical charges produced by dry friction and natural movement of the hair), it tends to spread out and become difficult to style. The hair cuticles open, resulting in dull, unhealthy hair. The negatively charged molecules generated by ceramic products smooth and relax the hair by canceling static electricity.

The heat source lies in the infrared. When introduced to heat, the ceramic products emit far infrared heat waves, which have longer wavelengths. Heat at this level is more easily absorbed by hair, resulting in enhanced vitality, reduced stress, and less damage.

Far Infrared Rays (FIR) are well beyond the ability of the naked eye to see. These rays are found most commonly in the spectrum of sunlight.

Traditional heating devices use Near Infrared Rays (NIR), the surface of the hair gets hotter than the interior, and the interior gets heated by means of conduction from the surface. This process creates frizzy, dry, and damaged hair.

Ceramic with Far Infrared Rays (FIR) deeply penetrates the hair follicle.

Hair is heated softly and evenly from the inside out, drying hair safely in a fraction of the time.

When this occurs water molecules from the outside the hair are absorbed to the inner core . The moisture is locked in place with a protective barrier which also reduces chemical and bacteria build-up.

Ceramic Far Infrared Rays reduce frizz and make the hair soft, shiny and healthier.

Ceramic Plates: Eliminate frizz, heat hair evenly and are easy to clean.

Hope this answers at least some of your questions.

Merlin
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 2:03pm
Very interesting. Good topic.

It really is hard to find information on this, other than what the manufacturers put out. It would be cool to hear it from another reliable source.

In my limited experience so far I really am liking the results of this technology. I started a post a while back stating my daughters absolute delight with her ceramic iron.

I'll update you, she has brastrap length hair, thick, medium coarse, with natural fat waves. She's been straightening about twice a week for 4 months, and has not had even a trim since June....her hair looks great, the ends I mean, no split ends....So far I'm attributing the condition of her hair to the ceramic iron.

Anyway...I hope it's true...This info I mean.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic